Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from a Western WA Newb

Nathan

Hello everybody,

I live in North Bend, WA, and am starting to get into a few competitions. I've shot USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge, exactly once each... :D

I have loved every second of each, and I have a really good friend who keeps telling me how much more fun 3-gun is, and that what I've shot is good practice. I intend to shoot a ton more this summer, probably mainly at "mini-matches" held weekly at an indoor club close-ish by, and some over in the Ephrata area. My shooting buddy lives in Moses Lake/Ephrata and is at least known to a guy or two I've noticed post here from the bit of lurking I did before signing up. He is just starting to make the move to the digital age, so maybe soon I can talk him into following me here.

Glad to become a member, thanks in advance for all the help with the myriad of questions I'll probably be throwing out there.

7 Foot Jumper (Nate)

Hey Nate, Welcome to the action shooting sports in Western WA. I work in North Bend actually and would like to live out there. The closest official USPSA/IDPA club to you is Renton Fish & Game, but you could also check out Snoqualmie Valley for unofficial USPSA matches.

Thanks for the tips! I knew about Renton, although I've not been down there to shoot yet, but I didn't realize Snoqualmie had any matches there at all, I'll definitely look into that.

Splashdown... You live in Everett and work in North Bend?? :surprise: Quite the commute. I work pretty much everywhere BUT North Bend. I'm a contractor, and seem to have most of my jobs pop up in Seattle or over on the other side of the pass. There is a property for sale right by my house, I'll build you a real nice home out here for a very marginal fee ;)