Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Tennessee Section Championship

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to thank Bill, Lynn, Sam, Brad and the entire match staff for a GREAT match....BEST stages of the year and the payouts were off the hook (definitely the best of the year). Match flowed well and you timed the weather just right, for the shooting anyways. See everyone next year God willing!!

I have a question... Friend of mine wins U limited an didn't receive money or plaque? Certainly a little plaque would be mailed to him???

Unfortunately, "unclassified" is not an actual class and so we do not recognize it for awards.

To say this match was challenging is an understatement. I learned a lot at this match about risk vs. reward. A lesson I THOUGHT I had already learned. Seven mikes and three noshoots later, I have definitely learned it again.

This was a very well run and constructed match. We finished ahead of schedule both days and beat the rain that came in on Sunday. One of the stages had enough RO's to reset all the props which made less work for the shooters. Around half of the RO's weren't using the proper range commands and that can be a bit frustrating at times. On two stages, full diameter barrel strikes were given to the competitors as hits instead of mikes.

Squad 17 was the best squad I have EVER shot with!! They were a great group of guys, everybody worked hard and one of the wives took excellent care of us as the squad mom.

Overall, this was an OUTSTANDING match that is a must shoot for me next year.

I totally screwed the pooch on Mikes at this match (something about focus) but on the fun sections like the swinger you barely could see and the charger/maxtrap stage, I nailed the hard ones!!

Those were fun stages. A big thank you to Sam and the MD who was very kind and the great crew.

The RO's were friendly and squad 21 worked very well together and managed to have a great time.

Edited by BillD

Cmon Rusty - you know you want to wake up early just to come hang out and watch the comedy called "Brandon Shooting" - it's free of charge all day Saturday!

It was a hoot shooting with all of you on squad 11. Kudos to all who helped run the match.

David,

Left before the awards - congrats on your 2nd "A" in Limited! Had a good time shooting with ya!

Have not been to a match

I did not like, but this one has to be one of my favorites.

Pros:

Location (both distance from house and facilities),

stages were awesome,

Weather,

My squad 14,

the Areas dining facilities,

Hotel,

of course the match staff!

Cons:

I had constipation of the brain most of the time

and shot as such

See,you need to shoot open, I bet a big stick loaded with 30 rounds would do the trick.... :roflol: Lets turn this into a rules thread, could you have borrowed a mag from someone to use, what about a big rock retrieved from your front pocket....I guess if you were single stack retrieving the rock from your front pocket would automatically bump you to open though...

Edited by DrawandDuck

See,you need to shoot open, I bet a big stick loaded with 30 rounds would do the trick.... :roflol: Lets turn this into a rules thread, could you have borrowed a mag from someone to use, what about a big rock retrieved from your front pocket....I guess if you were single stack retrieving the rock from your front pocket would automatically bump you to open though...

Good question - but a "male" throw of a fully loaded 40 magazine would have knocked down that port cover.