Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
01G8R

Recent Full Builds

Here are a few recent builds we completed. We finally have some help around the shop and that is allowing me some more time to build guns. We have also been working on getting some parts to market. Now for the pictures.

dsc03428.jpg?i=1487196948

dsc03375.jpg?i=512741792

dsc03257.jpg?i=145370215

Looks great. What type of finish is on the first one?

Thanks guys. The first gun has a Parkerized frame that I do in house. The rest of the parts are done in a a PVD coating from Eifeler Lafer called Straw Blue.

Nice looking guns! Looks like you have a couple Errol Lawson touches with the racker and magwell grip tape. I dig it. Nice rear serrations!

Nice looking guns. Is that the reverse plug below the comp on the open gun? Was that so you can use a full length recoil spring on a shorty build? I really like the polished chrome limited gun.

Pinman44

Thanks. You're absolutely correct about Errol. He built my first Open Gun so I'm influenced by that. My customer of the Open Gun above has some Errol guns too and he specifically requested the racker how Errol does them.

Leas327

Thanks. Yes, that is a slightly shortened 5" reverse plug. I use ISMI springs and a blank reverse plug from EGW. I cut the reverse plug so that I can use full 5" govt length springs in the gun. I always hated having to buy commander springs and clip one or two coils to get them to work in my other shorty. This way it is easy to keep replacements on hand as well as try different weights to tune the gun to the shooter.

Rob

I don't have any of the Green gun with the Brazos comp. My client is shooting Area 6 this weekend and I'll try to get a video of it in action. I'm sold on the Brazos comp right now. I'm actually building myself a new gun in the next couple weeks and that is the comp I'm going to use. I have another brand comp on my current gun and I fell that the Brazos is much flatter and softer with the same loads.

Sounds good. Brazos makes a good comp. There are quite a few great comps out there. I just find it's all dependent on the load, how you spring the gun, and how much the slide weighs. I use EGW everything, however in the past have used the STI comps in addition to custom ones. Everything seems to work well once you find the right way to set it up I guess.