Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
deputygene

Anyone using Lone Wolf barrels?

Thinking about getting one of these barrels for my Glock 22. Won't get into the lead bullet debate, I have reloaded and shot cast bullets in my Glock before, but figure to increase my shooting and figure what the heck. Around 100 bucks from Midway seems to be good insurance. Want to know if they are as accurate as stock, chamber tighter etc? Anyone have experience with the brand? Says it is a complete drop in fit.

Might as well buy a chamber reamer when you buy the barrel.

They are good barrels but the chamber/throat is under sized in my opinion. They need to be worked to function well. I've worked on quite a few.

If you order from Lone Wolf, tell Danny that you reload and he will open the chamber a little and polish the feed ramp. A must since their barrels are made to tight tolerances.

I used one in a G22 and have another in my G35 now. Both worked/work great after opening them up a little. Actually haven't had a feed or eject problem with either after the opening up of them.

I'm using 1 in my glock 35 was a 40 to 9 version.works great trouble

What did you do to convert, just change the barrel, or did you have to change mags and extractor too? Did you have to change out the ejector?

Thinking about getting one of these barrels for my Glock 22. Won't get into the lead bullet debate, I have reloaded and shot cast bullets in my Glock before, but figure to increase my shooting and figure what the heck. Around 100 bucks from Midway seems to be good insurance. Want to know if they are as accurate as stock, chamber tighter etc? Anyone have experience with the brand? Says it is a complete drop in fit.

I bought one a couple weeks ago. I agree with what others have said about the throat being too tight for coated lead. If you get the OAL correct it runs pretty well but, I may contact them and see if I can get it opened up a little. Other than that, I would say it is a great barrel for the money. Mine is accurate and locks up tight.

Might as well buy a chamber reamer when you buy the barrel.

They are good barrels but the chamber/throat is under sized in my opinion. They need to be worked to function well. I've worked on quite a few.

I agree. Had more problems with the Lone Wolf than KKM for sure. I would stick to KKM or definitely get the Lone Wolf opened up.

Edited by tobin

I'm using 1 in my glock 35 was a 40 to 9 version.works great trouble

What did you do to convert, just change the barrel, or did you have to change mags and extractor too? Did you have to change out the ejector?

I changed the extractor also, not that I really needed to. I changed it because I had 3 fail to ejects, out of 200rounds at practice and the guys here say it should take of that. This place is pretty informed about things too.

If your interested I have a slightly used Lone Wolf Distributors 9mm conversion barrel (item #LWD-229N) and a Lone Wolf Stainless Steel Guide Rod with an ISMI 13lb recoil spring. Both have less than 500 rounds thru it. I would be willing to sell them.

Like others have posted, the barrels work well but are VERY tight! I ended up selling them in favor of KKM. I believe LW does offer to open up the chambers some if you supply dummy rounds for them (Along with a charge) and then you won't have an issue. But otherwise just be careful.