Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I did it, ordered a CZCustom Shadow Custom...

Marc82Much

and it will be here on Wednesday. I had to buy it sight unseen, of course. But, did it on faith. I can't wait to try it out. $1,200 is a lot of money for a weekend hobbyist, but it keeps me out of the bars. This is the one I ordered:

ShadowCS_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are lucky! Here in California, the Shadows are not on the "Safe gun roster" so the only way to get them is to do a "single shot exemption" which tacks on $50. Also for on-roster guns, if we have them shipped, we have to have guns shipped to an FFL, which tacks on another $60-$75, then tack on the Dealer Registration of Sale (DROS) for another $25. Then we wait 10 days to pick up the gun. Oh, and even though the gun was bought in another state .... we have to pay sales tax on it.

I get jealous when you guys say "Oh, I ordered a gun, it's being shipped to my doorstep and should arrive tomorrow".

You guys are lucky! Here in California, the Shadows are not on the "Safe gun roster" so the only way to get them is to do a "single shot exemption" which tacks on $50. Also for on-roster guns, if we have them shipped, we have to have guns shipped to an FFL, which tacks on another $60-$75, then tack on the Dealer Registration of Sale (DROS) for another $25. Then we wait 10 days to pick up the gun. Oh, and even though the gun was bought in another state .... we have to pay sales tax on it.

I get jealous when you guys say "Oh, I ordered a gun, it's being shipped to my doorstep and should arrive tomorrow".

Yea, that's about right. I'm paying $125 to get my Shadow registered in Ca. including the DROS. No tax though as it's used. Such is life in the Golden State.... :)

It is worth the extra money and wait. Got my Shadow last month and I love it. Best investment in my hobby ever. Thanks CZ Custom.