Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 barrel replacement

mmosur

Not sure which forum to ask this but I need to change the barrel on my glock 19 as I reload lead. Anyone have any experience with Lone Wolf barrels? There is one for 99$ at midway. I don't mind paying a bit more but why pay more if the cheaper one works just as well. Any thoughts?

Mmosur

I have a lone wolf in my glock 21. It works just fine and is as accurate as the factory barrel out to 50 yards using H&G 130 cast from wheel weights and 3.8 grains of Hodgdon Clays. Very minor fitting of hood required for my particular pistol. Took all of 30 seconds with a fine file to break the leading edge of the hood. No need to finish ream chamber or anything else. No problems so far but I only have a couple thousand rounds on that barrel.

I think you will be happy with the LW barrel in the Glock 19 at ranges appropriate for that gun. KKM is a god bit more expensive.

I have shot a good bit of lead (at least 10K rounds) through my factory 9mm glock barrels with no I'll effects - no excessive or unusual leading and no ka-booms. I think there is a lot of folklore and legend about not using lead in glock barrels. My experience just hasn't borne out the rumors in 9mm and 45 ACP. Might be different in 40 S&W or 357 Sig; don't know because I don't shoot those calibers.

All that said, I am currently trying to decide between KKM and BarSto gunsmith fit for my Glock 34. If Lone Wolf made an oversize barrel for gunsmith fit, I would buy that without a second thought.

Just my opinion based on my experience.

- John

Thanks John. That's the info I'm looking for. I love the feel of my glock but whether real or not, I've been scared to shoot lead through it after reading about the kabooms. I figure 100 bucks is worth the peace of mind.