Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newb in Northern Kentucky

kmcclellan

Hey there everybody, new here and to competitive shooting. Planning on trying my first USPSA at Miami Rifle and Pistol next weekend. Just looking for other shooters around the Cincinnati area who aren't opposed to taking a 41 year old Newbie under their wing in an effort to minimize public humiliation. lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol. Let me know how it goes in Miamisburg. I'm going to bring a buddy that wants to shoot but hasn't even trained for it that I'm aware of.... that should get the eyes off of both of us. lol.

I am going to my first USPSA match in Miamisburg this weekend... and I am thinking of going to MRPC next weekend. So don't worry the humiliation will be spread around.

Welcome MRPC has great matches and a bunch of friendly helpful members. Practical pistol shooting is addictive. There are many clubs in the area that if you want you can shoot every Sunday. IWL Oxford, Miamisburg, Circleville, Silver Creek Conservation Club, and Bluegrass are all within one hours drive. Starting the last Friday of this month Friday Night Steel at the Fairfield Gun Club kicks off, good practice. MRPC has a Saterday Steel Match one Saturday each month. This is great match.

Welcome aboard. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. It sounds as though you are a neighbor to Jay and myself. I should be at MRPC on Sunday if everything cooperates.

I will probably be there as well. A lot of the KY crew (esp Lexington) heads up there. Really anyone you speak to oughta be of great help to you. I started last year and damn near everyone I talked to was willing to help. So no worries and don't be afraid to ask a stranger!

Welcome to the forums from Lexington KY!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really looking forward to it... Hope my new magazine comes in this week or else I'm gonna be one short... May have to run to Shooters tomorrow night and grab one just in case...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really looking forward to it... Hope my new magazine comes in this week or else I'm gonna be one short... May have to run to Shooters tomorrow night and grab one just in case...

Somebody at the match will most likely have a spare mag you can use.

What do you need?

17 round M&P 9mm

I'll bet there will be a dozen or more shooters running M&P's at the match. Don't go buy any if you already have some ordered.

Somebody will be along any minute now to offer you the loan of a mag.

Welcome!!!

KY has a great support group!!!

Every weekend you can find a meeting!!!

By the time you get through the first stage you will know everyone in the group and feel like you have been doing it forever.....I started at the end of Jan and have never found such a group as the KY Shooters!!

Welcome!!!

By the time you get through the first stage you will know everyone in the group and feel like you have been doing it forever.....I started at the end of Jan and have never found such a group as the KY Shooters!!

:cheers:

We shoot, travel, bitch, moan, whine, all as a group :roflol:

Welcome!!!

AMEN!!

:bow:

Welcome!!!

Starting to sound more like family by the minute.... :cheers:

Thanks Colin, I will.