Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals on Kindle

benos

On a Nook Simple Touch, readers may want to stick with Malabar or Caecelia as the font. Amasis and the other fonts available becomes a random collection of different font sizes or font styles. Alternately, check off the "Publisher Defaults" checkbox. I don't know if this is a bug on the device or a publication issue.

On a the classic Nook and the Nook for Android, the all the font choices work well.

That's not the problem. When I get to Amazon and click the button to put the book into my cart, nothing goes in. Tried it on two machines with three different browsers with the same result.

I have no problem if I go looking for the book on Amazon and put it into my cart. But I want to use the click through if I can because Amazon sometimes pays referral fee.

One guy told me that if your browser has an ad blocker turned on, you won't see the link. He said he turned off the ad blocker and then it appeared/worked.

be

Hrm. Weird that a direct link to the ad would show it, though. *shrug*

• 4 weeks later...

<— (owns a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 3Gs, and a Kindle, but no iPad)

- Shouldn't you be standing in line somewhere?

- You gotta be feeling the pressure...

- What do they gotta do, get 4G or something ?!?

And to extend the drift some more:

Back on topic... I'm happy to say the Nook Simple Touch that I have Brian's book on is also running Practiscore. I do have to ask, is the typesetting/page setting on the Nook a little weird for the book? The font looks larger compared to other books on the same device I'm reading despite them using the same font and font size.

And to extend the drift some more:

Back on topic... I'm happy to say the Nook Simple Touch that I have Brian's book on is also running Practiscore. I do have to ask, is the typesetting/page setting on the Nook a little weird for the book? The font looks larger compared to other books on the same device I'm reading despite them using the same font and font size.

I couldn't even begin to answer that one. I might have been something that couldn't have been helped because the nook book was made from scanned pages from my actual book. I'd bet every other nook book you have was made from a digital copy.

be