Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage design app?

BBoyle

I am surprised that no one has designed a stage design app for an I Pad/I Phone. I would imagine it would not be that hard and it could also send an email of the completed stage along with a score sheet for same. My daughter has apps that she will place different objects on a scene and she can place multiples of the same on a single scene. Seems like it may work for stage design by putting different wall designs, barricades, targets, boxes, fault lines, steel, etc.

Brian

• 3 months later...

Yea -- great idea -- it is a great example of simple economics -- if there was a market for it, someone would make it, maybe even me. But short of a lot of people to buy and use it, it would be a huge undertaking. It is amazing how far we have gotten with "volunteer" labor ie. stage design, stage setup, RO's, practiscore etc. But I suspect this one is just a little too far. Might be a good thing for USPSA to invest in though as it would streamline matches and they could assure rule compliance as well as create a huge database from which to pull stages for national shoots.