Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold or Acog for 3G'n

Nate, everybody has the cool deal for them. Remember that their eyesight and dominance have a huge impact on the way a scope appears to them. I have pretty damn good eyesight at 20/10-15 but I like a total target focus when shooting an AR at distance. I had to transition to the reticle on the IOR and then I couldn't find that little tiny black friggin dot fast. Drove me insane looking for it because I was burning time - even though I would find out later that I won the stage by 10 seconds or something like that.

GMW, Yeah, sure looks the same. It's just the TA11, thats it.

David, just buy an 05 objective cover, add some double sided tape and stick it in the front so the lid flips down. I also add some external tape to it on the bottom. Takes about 30 seconds to do.

Take care,

Matt

Sterling,

The reticle that you posted is the one in the TA-11. The other reticle available for the 3.5x35 ACOG is a triangle for the TA-11B, shown below.

E820.jpg

As for zeroing the TA-11, Trijicon says to do it at 100 meters. It is calibrated for the velocity of a 55gr bullet out of a 20" bbl. So whatever bullet weight you are using, if you want to use the drop comp on the reticle, you should run your bullet to a similar velocity as the 55gr and BC. The bottom hash mark is for 800 meters and (IIRC) go 700m, 600m, 500m, 400m, 300m as you move up the ladder. It's all laid out in the owners manual, which I don't have in front of me.