Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

magnetospeed chronograph

• 1 month later...

Took mine out for the first try yesterday. Mixed results at best. Strapped it to my m1a socom, I had it about a 1/2 inch from the muzzle and got no readings. Removed the thick rubber pad and installed the thin one fired a five shot string and got readings on all five. The setup seemed to be where it should be according to the alignment tool, I got shrapnel dings on the Bayo. I was shooting copper and lead 155 gr 308 and had the bullet setting as such. Seems like the Bayo has to be too close to the bullet path to not get hit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I got no readings from 265 gr lead .45 acp out of a 5" barrel revolver. I think I can create a custom trigger to help with picking up slow lead projectiles but that will take some playing with the settings next time I get to the range. I was really hoping to use this chrono on .45 acp as that is what I shoot most, even though its not made specifically for pistol rounds. I did fire two jacketed rounds, also no go.

I'll post again next time I go out to the range.

This newer v2 seems to be the poo. Sucks cause now I need that one haaha. When I wrote my review the v2 wasn't available yet. Now I have to spend another $175.

Still beats setting up a light triggered chrono! Haaha

But ive been using mine on the Garand and my AR service rifle. Have to tinker with the custom trigger settings a lot. Especially when you're pushing it to the limits of sensitivity.

Anyways, hope to get my v2 soon.

45lineman

Pistol readings are more difficult. Trigger settings need to be tweaked a lot and the brain doesnt like sub 1k fps. Says in the manual. I managed to get some readings but nothing consistent enough to believe. I'll post next time as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...