Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some Glock frame mods

works for ammo

I used JB weld with three coats. You kinda have to check it often because

it will start to drip. I just scuffed up the area and applyed with a zip tie.

Then when i could see it

was a staring to dry i put on a latex glove and formed it. I just used some semi-flat black paint for now

but may ceracoat the frame soon.

Edited by works for ammo

What did you use to undercut the trigger guard? I'd like to try this myself but I'm scared !

For the part where my middle finger on my strong hand goes, I used a

piece of 80 grit sand paper and rolled it around my finger and shaped it like that. (removed mag release)

For the part where my support hand pointer finger is, I used the file at first and it took to long to

get there so I grabed the Dremel and knocked it down and did the finish work with a file and sand paper.(80 and 220 grit)

Rick

Rick,

I am seriously digging your mods! Your stippling texture is the coolest I have seen on any Glock to date. How aggressive is that frame texturing? I prefer a more aggressive grip as well, but have yet to commit to a permanent frame mod on my G35. I have tried several production grips and am currently using homemade grip tape grips. I like this texture but know there is little chance to replicate the feel of the grip tape with stippling. I would try but am worried that I will get finished and then not like the result. What to do then?? Live with it, I guess, or smooth it down some and try another style perhaps.

How are your trigger guard undercuts working out? Are they meant to reduce muzzle flip mostly? I wouldn't mind doing this one myself.

Thanks and again. You did a exceptional job and I appreciate you sharing your ideas and results with us.

Rick,

I am seriously digging your mods! Your stippling texture is the coolest I have seen on any Glock to date. How aggressive is that frame texturing? I prefer a more aggressive grip as well, but have yet to commit to a permanent frame mod on my G35. I have tried several production grips and am currently using homemade grip tape grips. I like this texture but know there is little chance to replicate the feel of the grip tape with stippling. I would try but am worried that I will get finished and then not like the result. What to do then?? Live with it, I guess, or smooth it down some and try another style perhaps.

How are your trigger guard undercuts working out? Are they meant to reduce muzzle flip mostly? I wouldn't mind doing this one myself.

Thanks and again. You did a exceptional job and I appreciate you sharing your ideas and results with us.

Thanks Dave,

The stippling is pretty aggressive, I did go over it once lightly

with 220 grit sand paper. The the trigger under cut and beavertail helps to get higher on the grip to help

lower the bore axis some and control recoil better. The front undercut on the trigger gaurd is just for me to place my support

hand so i can get the same grip every time.

Rick

Ps Practice on junk glock mags or an old plastic rifle stock.

Edited by works for ammo