Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Gun?

WSMBUCK

Ok guys i know some of you have helped me on other post about which gun , and other questions, Now i need your help again I know alot of guys like the STIs 2011 and there is some the Like the Glocks. I just sold a couple rifles and ready to spend some money before the wife finds a use for it :sight:

For a starter Open Gun Which should i choice?

Bobby Carver to build me one of his Glocks $1300 to $1700 range on his site

I had a Nice guy on here PM me about a Super nice to me STI with Cmore ready to go. $1600 unknown rd count 9mm

or ???????????

And if you happen to have something shoot me a PM are email switchback2@yahoo.com

I dont want to jumb in with a $2500 to $4000 gun, this will maily be just something me and my son could have fun with and Maybe go to a few shoots around the house, Again not in anyway worried about winner anything just want a Fast gun to shoot and Let the son Mess with.

Edited by WSMBUCK

What kind of handguns are you used to shooting?

Big difference between a Glock & STI - if you're

used to shooting Glocks, and like them, you can

save a lot of money by going Glock.

If you're used to SA triggers (1911's, etc), like

I am, not sure I could get used to a Glock (or

want to).

I have a few of them all now, 1911s, Glocks,S&W, Rugers,Keltec,, and a few cheaper pocket guns. So i am pretty use to them all, Heck i ever hunt some with a Encore Pistol LOL

I have a few of them all now, 1911s, Glocks,S&W, Rugers,Keltec,, and a few cheaper pocket guns. So i am pretty use to them all, Heck i ever hunt some with a Encore Pistol LOL

If you got offered a decent 9 major open STI for $1600, you should jump on it. I'm not a Tupperware fan, but all of the Open Glocks I've seen except 1 have had more than their fair share of problems. When a Glock open wins the nationals I'll think about switching. I'm not an STI biggot I started open with a couple of Tanfo's. Yeah, metal and a hammer.

I've seen used Glock opens sell for $700, the best deal I ever hit on an STI open was $1000, turned it a few days later for $1500.

try to find deals like this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=280495058

i too have seen quite a few glocks in open. i can only think of one that actually ran, but it wasnt terribly accurate. all the others had malfunctions. if you wanna be competitive in open, and you wanna save money, then open isnt for you. your going to have to spend a good amount to get an open glock to be reliable and accurate. why take all that time when theres deals like this caspian around? glocks are not made to be competitive in open. STI, caspian, EEA, tangfo etc have models for that division, and that type of shooting with major ammo.

I am not worried about any kind of compention , we just do alot of shooting at the range Behind my house and might go to a local shoot sometime to have fun and spend alittle time together. But winner anything is out of our minds,We do to much hunting to have time to really get into the Matches... Just want a Open gun to have one, Thats it. Thanks for the help again guys

Being a Glock shooter, you can tell what I'm going to say. Bobby Carver built both of my open Glocks, and I couldn't be happier with them. The cost difference in having a Glock is a major thing as they are cheap to fix. I do want an STI here soon, but for now, my Glocks are giving me all the fun I can handle while shooting factory loads. Pick something that you are comfy with, best advice you can get. Good luck!

I am not worried about any kind of compention , we just do alot of shooting at the range Behind my house and might go to a local shoot sometime to have fun and spend alittle time together. But winner anything is out of our minds,We do to much hunting to have time to really get into the Matches... Just want a Open gun to have one, Thats it. Thanks for the help again guys

That being said, I'd go Glock. I'm a 2011/1911 STI guy, but if I just wanted a gun to have fun with I'd go Glock. I shoot with guys that shoot Open Glocks and they are a lot of fun. Still competitive too. Buying a used STI Open gun can be a gamble. I've bought used guns that turned into money pits. With the Carver you can get a solid fun gun without the headache, because you have a smith that stands behind the work. A used STI build can be a pain if things go wrong and you have no one to ask to fix it without a huge price tag. That being said if you can shoot the STI first and know it's works well it would be a good choice too.