Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case sorter

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/25434/catid/8/Shell_Sorter

I couldn't find this link on Brian's site so I suspect they are not a dillon product so I gave the link to dillons page.

I picked these up when I stopped at the reloading shop (Gunstop in Minnetonka MN) on the way home and OMG are they good and FAST. I sorted a gallon of mixed brass in less than 5 minutes!!!!! what a time saver.

Well worth the retail price.

Anyone else use these sorters?

Yep - well worth the price. I also have the Nut Wizard that Dillon sells for picking up range brass. I usually pick up a couple of gallons at a time without doing the chickin dance and it's quick and easy to sort when I get home or have time. Highly recommend both products.

I've got one and it does speed up the process, but what do you do about the 9's getting stuck in the 40's? And then sorting all the various 9's and 38's. It's still a PITA, just a bit less now that I have the shell sorter. 5 min for a gallon bucket of mixed brass? I'm not that good.

I've got one and it does speed up the process, but what do you do about the 9's getting stuck in the 40's? And then sorting all the various 9's and 38's. It's still a PITA, just a bit less now that I have the shell sorter. 5 min for a gallon bucket of mixed brass? I'm not that good.

The trick is to do smaller batches and shake harder according to my dealer. So assuming you didn't over fill them the 9 stuck in the 40 came out on their own as did the 40 in the 45. I did not have any 38/357 in this gallon.

Only thing even close to a complaint is that it is loud.