Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you own a Surefire 60 round magazine?

rtr

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own 2, and there are (i think) 7 of them total between the guys on the team. I have heard of issues with them, but have never seen one fail at a match or practice. I probably only have 500 rounds into mine, but feel confident enough that I wont have any issues with it, so I continue to use it. As well do the rest of the guys on the team that have them.

I don't have permission...

Don't have a 60 round mag either. Shot with a borrowed one last weekend in our carbine match and it ran fine....

Heard of some that didn't but.... they are still rare with the guys I shoot with. I will wait awhile before I buy. I KNOW my coupled Magpuls run.

I broke the follower while press checking during assembly. The follower tilted and jammed and with any other mag I just bang the back of the mag against my palm and the follower will unstick. However with this mag the tail on the follower decides to break. Surefire does not sell replacement parts. So I superglued the follower back together and it ran for 90 rounds until my buddy picks it up and f'ing press checks and snaps the tail off again.

Edited by joelogic

I broke the follower while press checking during assembly. The follower tilted and jammed and with any other mag I just bang the back of the mag against my palm and the follower will unstick. However with this mag the tail on the follower decides to break. Surefire does not sell replacement parts. So I superglued the follower back together and it ran for 90 rounds until my buddy picks it up and f'ing press checks and snaps the tail off again.

I had one that ran fine up until a gun blow up , Surefire said they would fix it and gave me a return #

Call them and let Surefire fix it .. <_< drop my name if you want.

they could use a laugh

Self explanatory.

Perhaps one more item could be on the Poll-- had one and got rid of it.

I had one, it ran well for two trips to the range, on the third trip it failed miserably. Wouldn't feed, when I took the mag out of the gun to try see what was wrong, several rounds just flew out of the mag. Sent it back to Midway.

I heard from someone at surefire that they have made some inline changes to the production of the mags, but they wouldn't say what the changes were. So....if that is true the new mags have something different from the old ones.

Edited by aheadofthecurve

mine ran fine for a about a thousand rounds and during the Winter Classic 3 Gun Match it turned into a Maraca twice. now it is reserved for sight in duties.

I have a call into the Surefire service department . . . and am awaiting their reply.

I have one that works sometimes...see below, there is some good stuff in the comments section there. Thought it was a little longer loaded, softpoint ammo but now I'm not sure...hangs up sporadically still on any kind of ammo. Have a link to another video where it functioned fine with shorter, softpoint ammo so who knows? I'll probably send it back, yet again, to Surefire when I have the time.

Edited by blu46and2

I only have a few hundred rounds through mine but so far so good. The follower did F'up one time but I managed to get it back in with no problems.

Ryan you are correct, I have two of the GenII Chainsaw lowers and they won't work. The bevel is too angled to let it latch.

I only have a few hundred rounds through mine but so far so good. The follower did F'up one time but I managed to get it back in with no problems.

Ryan you are correct, I have two of the GenII Chainsaw lowers and they won't work. The bevel is too angled to let it latch.

A friend inquired and was told by a member of the NST that those lowers were designed before the mags were out. The next Noveske model will work with the Surefire mags.