Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photos from texas Tac Pro Sniper match.

MattBurkett

You guys realize I was just joking......right?

I got to shoot the Tri-County (near PDX) Sniper match one year. It was an absolute hoot. We had to do everything but a tower shoot: short range, long range, movers.... Dammit....now I've got the itch to go pull my 700 out of the safe.

Direct me to the nearest surplus store! I'm going commando I tell you...

Normally I don't monitor any other forums, lucky for me I don't have to as I always find something in my email.

The bright yellow cammies, are just for fun... and the utilities make it easier when things get crappy. (It rained pretty darn bad and it was nice to just take them off and hose them off before cleaning them.)

Ain't nothing but a thing,

By the way we have the initial dates for the Sniper's Hide Cup for 2005. Plan on the match taking place in March, either second or third weekend. It will probably be another team event this time with a pistol segment included using Rifles Only new Kill House.

Cheers,

In the last pic, Mr. G has just fired his second of two rounds from that incredibly uncomfortable position at a Larue (11.5x22 steel plate) 400 yards away -- he is in the process of un-assing his gun and moving to the next shooting position which was from the inside cab of that very tall truck.....then you exit the truck cab, run around the truck and climb onto the trailer and fired two rounds each from the top of a wobbly baricade, through a port in the baricade, then if you have time, prone from under the baricade. After ( I think it was 1 min 30 sec) a mover (with a Larue on it) started moving at 415 yards and wherever you were on the truck, you had to stop shooting at the static Larue, and transition to the mover..........

....then call for oxygen. Great fun!

Never would have thought I would think of 400 yards as close :D