Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed belt sizing

I wear 34" jeans...

put them on and slid a waist messure tape through the belt loops...

measured at 36", so I ordered a CR 38" which fits a little long but I'm good to go :)

ditto, ordered a 38",...now the overlap end hits the mag in front of my gut, and I have to jam the end under the CR,... should have went 36. (Itried to move all the mags back a couple of inches) but when you get used to mag positions on your belt after a while, it makes a difference moving 2 inches, muscle memory I guess grabbing the same spot over and over,...then one day move them 2 inches, and miss..need to buy a 36" I suppose dry.gif

• 9 months later...

Another thought on sizing....in summer you wear less in winter you wear coats etc....guess you have to have more outer belts. how do they stack up with using Taccom shotshell loaders with Teklocs ?

I shoot mainly PSG

You can always cut a few inches off and melt the end with a lighter. I'm wearing size 33 pants and using the same CR Speed belts I wore when I wore a size 48 pant. Every couple of months, I just trim off another inch or two.

BB

Just read through the whole thread. Didn't see anyone post the most important fact about getting large sized belts. At least with the CR's, if you get one that's too big, just introduce your belt to Mr Scissors, cut to fit and then melt the ends with a lighter the same way you melt a fiber optic front sight. I ordered oversized belts and then lost 30 pounds. Problem solved in under a minute.