Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 off the shelf

Gear,

Ease of use --- i.e. it takes about the same amount of time to load and empty both tumblers and to spin the media away from the cases; the difference is twice the number of clean cases at the end of a run. If you're willing to clean brass often, the smaller ones should be fine. I usually clean 5000 cases at a time, in two or three runs, several times a year....

• 1 month later...

Well, I bought everything I needed to start reloading from Brian. The press,scale,tumbler and everything else etc. I ordered the Pact IV timer and chrono recently too(also from Brian). I have Brians book, Steven Andersons book and a book by Lanny Bassham(with winning in mind). With my Champion I placed fourth on the classifier on my last match. I felt pretty good about that. Everybody else was either an Unclassified shooter or a C class shooter. I am having alot of fun with this. This month will be my fourth match, and I can't wait. I think I'm hooked.

Thanks guys,and gals.

Just get a couple more 10 round mags and enjoy.

You are not handicapped that bad with a short gun and the thing you need most now is practice. Any practice you do with your short singlestack gun will pay big dividends down the road, and you can run with the best on short range -30yd. stages.

Shoot lots of different guns as my bet is you will want to go to an Open gun or at least a SVI/STI Limited gun in the near future. I wnt from L10 to Limited, now I wish I would have gone straight to Open.

Wow I have almost the exact opposite feeling! I went from L10 to Open and wish I had gone to limited.

Of course I wish that I had asked the same question here as I purchased a gun for L10 very early in my USPSA shooting carrier and wish that I had gone for a Limited gun.

Definately talke to as many people as you can and shoot anything you can before you buy a gun for IPSC!