Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Powder Measure

Just ran a hundred rounds with the upgrade, the powder measure bounces around a lot more then using the springs.

Try tightening the blue nut more. Should be "some" play (as in NOT coil binding) when pushing the handle ALL the way forward.

Dillon recommends while holding the operatating handle in the foward prime position, to tighten the blue wing nut til the coil spring is half compressed. FYI

I have the newest failsafe mechanisms on all my Dillon measures. They are a great safety device that works. Almost everytime I hear someone has a problem, it can be traced back to the blue wing nut being adjusted too loose. Follow instructions and it will work great. Unless you hesitate in the middle, or double stroke the handle, it is much harder to over or undercharge you cases with powder.

I wouldn't consider stepping backwards. They work as advertised, when properly adjusted.

"With respect, is there some data or proof you can offer that backs up your claim that," They are a great safety device that works", and "it is much harder to over or undercharge you cases with powder."? I agree that they work easier if adjusted correctly but haven't seen the proof for these types of safety claims. Just sayin.

The only data I can add is I've loaded over 17K (probably over 20K) rounds of 40S&W on my 650 that came with the "new style" device and I've never had a double charge or a quib........it just works.

mLS42-CqxXe7uE9RNZmA02w.jpg

If we're talking about this part for the XL 650, it's been the part I have been using for 20 years. As long as the spring yields a full stroke with the nylon square forward and fully back, you should have a full charge. I could be wrong, did I miss the point of the thread. Just tighten up the blue wing nut with just enough spring left to get the stroke complete.

Dog

Edited by Mastiff