JoseyWalesX

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

One thing to take in consideration is what would happen into the event the gun malfunctuioned. I had my CZ custom shop Shadow go into double tap mode with a single pull, called CZ Custom, had a Fed Ex call tag in my inbox in under 30 minutes and the gun back, sear replaced/repaired, rear sight rebedded (they found it loose), sighted in, and cleaned in less than 7 days.

The other day the slide stop broke and I had a replacement in my mailbox in under 3 days.

I question what I would do if I had these issues with guns customized by other private shops. CZ custom is CZ official gunsmith for the custom line and any modifications made by them will not affect any ability to send the gun back to CZ (or CZ custom) for repairs under warranty (I called CZ to verify this).

And to substantiate this question, I have a buddy that bought a customized CZ from one of the gunsmiths mentioned in these posts and had trigger spring and hammer spring issues. The issue was fixed but incurred a $50 repair charge each time it was brought in for repair. The gun however retains trigger and firing mechanism related issues, nowhere as reliable as my CZ from the Custom Shop (this may be related from the thousands of dry fire pulls my buddy does on a weekly basis on his CZ that I do not do on mine).

Just my $0.02 worth of observation.

One thing to take in consideration is what would happen into the event the gun malfunctuioned. I had my CZ custom shop Shadow go into double tap mode with a single pull, called CZ Custom, had a Fed Ex call tag in my inbox in under 30 minutes and the gun back, sear replaced/repaired, rear sight rebedded (they found it loose), sighted in, and cleaned in less than 7 days.

The other day the slide stop broke and I had a replacement in my mailbox in under 3 days.

I question what I would do if I had these issues with guns customized by other private shops. CZ custom is CZ official gunsmith for the custom line and any modifications made by them will not affect any ability to send the gun back to CZ (or CZ custom) for repairs under warranty (I called CZ to verify this).

And to substantiate this question, I have a buddy that bought a customized CZ from one of the gunsmiths mentioned in these posts and had trigger spring and hammer spring issues. The issue was fixed but incurred a $50 repair charge each time it was brought in for repair. The gun however retains trigger and firing mechanism related issues, nowhere as reliable as my CZ from the Custom Shop (this may be related from the thousands of dry fire pulls my buddy does on a weekly basis on his CZ that I do not do on mine).

Just my $0.02 worth of observation.

I ordered my first CZ pistol from them. I must admit that I didn't do enough research on whom to order one from. I just went with CZ Custom because that's where my buddy's Shadow Custom came from. Started reading the CZ forum I found out that there are others who works on CZ. It's nice to know that CZ Custom will take care of me if something goes wrong.

+1 for CZ Custom. I ordered a Shadow Custom Target from CZ Custom got it in this past Thursday and shot TN Section Championships Saturday. Eric Zinn did the work and Stuart Wong checked it over for me. I had no issues with the gun; it operated very well. I did have issues with the 19 round mags. I would definately put it the +10% mag springs. Eric did a great job on the gun, zero creep on a competition trigger, polished hammer, and a bunch of other custom work.

+1 for CZ Custom. I ordered a Shadow Custom Target from CZ Custom got it in this past Thursday and shot TN Section Championships Saturday. Eric Zinn did the work and Stuart Wong checked it over for me. I had no issues with the gun; it operated very well. I did have issues with the 19 round mags. I would definately put it the +10% mag springs. Eric did a great job on the gun, zero creep on a competition trigger, polished hammer, and a bunch of other custom work.

Just out of curiosity, did you have extra work done to the SP01 Target Custom, or was it the $1200 model listed on their site? The description is not 100% clear on what level of trigger job you get on the Custom Target.

Thanks!

I started with the SP01 Shadow Custom Target and then added a thinner front sight (.100) and the CZ Custom 85 Trigger with a competition trigger job. Rob will warn you when you ask for this trigger job that it may not eat your ammo. Harder primers are not recommended for this set up. So far the CCI and Federal primers work without lite primer strikes. I asked them to tune ammo at 25 yards as well. I use ATL Arms 147GR 9MM.

P.S. EERD left Stuart. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1 for CZ Custom Shop. I have one of their Custom SP01 Shadow with SA trigger. It's amayzing! I want to get it refinished but don't know who to send it to, I was thinking Robar...

BTW

Just picked up a SP-01 Target from my local gun shop. Ordered it last night and picked it up tonight, WOW. $1160

C41E82CF-851D-4C10-B061-A2AC7C8C9424-1637-000004F79E5411C8_zpse69f3f91.jpg

Threw some snap caps in and getting some time on trigger.

Edited by KennyWiz