Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Chrono, Which is Best?

I've had a 35P since they first came out and it's still going strong. After all, if you can run Dillon presses then you should also run the best Chrono.

I had a PACT MkIV timer/chrono before I bought the Oehler 35P, and it worked well too. The third sensor/sunscreen on the Oehler made readings more consistant under varying conditions, and the printer was a great benefit! The option of using a 4-foot rail rather than the included 2-foot rail for more accuracy is nice, too.

As I haven't done any reloading or load development for many yeas, my 35P is still for sale in the Classified Forum, after the final of a few price drops.

Edited by jmaass

• 2 months later...

I've had a 35P since they first came out and it's still going strong.

I have it's predecessor the Oehler-33 which I bought in 1980 and it's still going strong 32 years later. I'll bet not many people can say that about their chronograph! :cheers:

Mike

Edited by Croomrider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a CED chrony. Updated to the infrared skyscreens which is awesome. Between them and the original sky screens You'll never be down a chrono due to lighting conditions. I also like the fact I can store and download numbers to my computer. A little expensive though I found it used years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a Shooting Chrony Alpha Master from Midway on sale for $108 about 6 months ago. It is not easy to figure out the display/controls and the instructions are absolutely useless... but now that I know how to work it and have used it for a while, I like it!! I've tested both rifle and pistol loads with it, and the remote display makes it very easy to see the data and write it down after each string. I'm really happy with it and it seems like a good deal for the price.