Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun World Shoot Hungary 2012

• 1 month later...

There are still a few slots available for this match (match capacity 600 main match + 200 in pre-match) and the organizers have advised that they can extend the deadline into June.

It promises to be a great match -

Around 400 rounds

30 stages (20 birdshot, 5 slug, 5 buckshot)

You will need to apply through your RD but there are now no limits on number of entries per Region.

This is the inaugural world championship for IPSC Shotgun and should prove to be something quite special.

Match Website - Click Here

There are still a few slots available for this match (match capacity 600 main match + 200 in pre-match) and the organizers have advised that they can extend the deadline into June.

This is very interesting info because region Finland received 19 slots on first round and make application for 16 extra slots.

The result was that Finland received 0 extra slots even though region UK received 21 extra slots and total 30 slots.

Region UK is less than half size of region Finland.

Where would one find the equipment divisions? I would like to see the differences between them.

I would love to do something like this one day.

Open Division isn't much different to USPSA Open other than limits to capacity.

Standard and Standard-Manual Divisions are close to USPSA Standard Division.

Modified is unique to IPSC.

In reality it's not much of a problem in adapting.

The match will be great and your welcome assured. If you can make it it will be well worth the trip.

It promises to be a great match -

Around 400 rounds

30 stages (20 birdshot, 5 slug, 5 buckshot)

You will need to apply through your RD but there are now no limits on number of entries per Region.

This is the inaugural world championship for IPSC Shotgun and should prove to be something quite special.

Match Website - Click Here

I've had a couple of email/messages since I posted yesterday.

I must reiterate that applications must be submitted through your Region Director, and, of course, it goes without saying that your Region must be in good standing.

The procedure to register really isn't too much of a problem and it will prove to be a great experience. For those of you outside of Europe you should find the currency exchange rate working in your favour!

• 4 months later...

The match is over.

For me it was a bit strange to attend a 6-day mainmatch WorldShoot and not being able to be there earlier 1 day before start

and having to leave few hours after the last shot.

Stil it was a pleasure to attend.

Results for me are according what could be expected taking in account the bumpy road towards this event.

I am happy with the results but will compete for a better ranking next time.

Greetings

Adrie

Unofficial results http://www.makeready.info/match_results/i-ipsc-shotgun-championship-2012/?mode=overall

while we wait for the results to show up at the official webpage http://shotgunworld-hungary.com/

Posted on another forum.

Official Results (World Champions Only):

Standard Manual

Overall: Hans Roger Karp (FIN)

Senior: Boguslaw Gaweda (POL)

Standard

Overall: Petri Henrik Runtti (FIN)

Senior: Kurt Miller (USA)

Junior: Aphisit Kaewmuangpet (THA)

Lady: Lena Miculek (USA)

Modified

Overall: Igor Jankovic (SER)

Senior: Branislav Raketic (SER)

Open

Overall: Ivan Hos (SVK)

S/Senior: Furio Liberti (ITA)

Senior: Jerry Miculek (USA)

Lady: Malin Suebsuk (THA)

Cheers ....

When looking at the results of level IV and V matches it comes in mind Finland just simply has the best shooters of the world when it comes to long guns ;)

I believe you are right if we compare it to per capita rate. We have only 5.3 million inhabitants. :)