Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Say a Prayer For My Mom

Chris Keen

Please say a prayer for my mother. 2 years ago she had a stroke, and has been in a nursing home since. She hasn't said 2 words in that time, and doesn't recognize even her own family. It's been a really tough 2 years for all us kids, but first and foremost, I feel for my father. He has been married to the sweetest woman for the last 65 years, and she was his rock. She did everything from cooking & grocery shopping, to balancing the checkbook, and all he ever had to do was go to work & help her raise 5 kids. Now, he has been cooking & doing his best to balance the checkbook, bless his heart. He tries to be strong, but I can tell it's been an awful lot for him to see her like this. I hate to say this, but I kind of hope God ends both of their anguish soon enough with mercy & Grace, as I hate to see my Mom hang on much longer like this. It's a terrible thing to see your loved ones, but not quite know whether they see you back.

I went to see her tonite, and as I sat there holding her hand, I told her all the things I appreciated about my childhood & teenage years ... all the things they worked hard to provide for me ...... all the things I took for granted when I was young & dumb ..... and how much it meant to me, both then & now ... and how I have always tried very hard to make her proud of me.

I want to stay with her through this weekend, but I made a commitment to shoot the Alabama Sect. this Saturday, so I told her I was dedicating this match to her & that I would be back in 3 days to see her this Sunday. I hope God gives us fast & smooth traffic, good weather, and gets me home safely so I can see her again. :closedeyes:

Please pray for her & also for my Dad, to give them both the strength they need to get through this.

Chris,

You have to KNOW that we are praying for you in the Sanders house.

Believe it or not you are fortunate in that you are with your mom during this time. I lost my mom and my dad while serving in the Army. I was not home with them when they passed. I would have given anything to hold my mom's hand during her final days.

Take care brother.sad.gif

Please say a prayer for my mother. 2 years ago she had a stroke, and has been in a nursing home since. She hasn't said 2 words in that time, and doesn't recognize even her own family. It's been a really tough 2 years for all us kids, but first and foremost, I feel for my father. He has been married to the sweetest woman for the last 65 years, and she was his rock. She did everything from cooking & grocery shopping, to balancing the checkbook, and all he ever had to do was go to work & help her raise 5 kids. Now, he has been cooking & doing his best to balance the checkbook, bless his heart. He tries to be strong, but I can tell it's been an awful lot for him to see her like this. I hate to say this, but I kind of hope God ends both of their anguish soon enough with mercy & Grace, as I hate to see my Mom hang on much longer like this. It's a terrible thing to see your loved ones, but not quite know whether they see you back.

I went to see her tonite, and as I sat there holding her hand, I told her all the things I appreciated about my childhood & teenage years ... all the things they worked hard to provide for me ...... all the things I took for granted when I was young & dumb ..... and how much it meant to me, both then & now ... and how I have always tried very hard to make her proud of me.

I want to stay with her through this weekend, but I made a commitment to shoot the Alabama Sect. this Saturday, so I told her I was dedicating this match to her & that I would be back in 3 days to see her this Sunday. I hope God gives us fast & smooth traffic, good weather, and gets me home safely so I can see her again. :closedeyes:

Please pray for her & also for my Dad, to give them both the strength they need to get through this.

I very sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers will be going out to you and your family for the stregnth to get through this.

I very sorry to hear about this. I have been through this twice. It doesn't get easier. Let her know you love her, take good care of your dad.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Wishing you and your family strength during this difficult time.

Having been through something similar when I lost my mom, this brought tears to my eyes. When she passed, I was grateful that she was at peace.

Jim