Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Game of Thrones (HBO)

Just now, Balakay said:

LOL.  It is over next week. Only 6 episodes in season 8. 

Ok. I thought there were going to be 10. That explains a lot. Except for why it took them two years to make six 1 hour episodes. 🙄🙄

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lefty o said:

i think it could have been ended better, but it would have taken another season or 2 .

Thats what I keep telling people that say Ep.6 was boring. Well sure they could've had big plot twists and cliffhangers, but how the hell can they wrap it up if they try to go big on the last show.

Edited by TonytheTiger

People aren't happy to see the show end because most of it was 72 episodes of character development with a good battle scene or some violence every few shows. Then they wrapped the last season up in with only six episodes that otherwise would have take 3-4x as many based on the prior pace. And even though it is a fantasy there is still a logic to the world they created, basic common sense stuff (like don't sacrifice thousands of men in front of your fortifications). Worse was that from the very first episode there was the warning that Winter was coming and the White Walkers were going to kill everyone. Instead they dealt with the White Walkers built up for 69 seasons with a quick stabbing and Winter never actually came. 

So while it was spectacular and watchable, the quality really went downhill once they deviated from the books and let the Hollywood guys write it. Probably the thing that made it continue was the quality of the acting (other than Jon Snow and Dynaris, who were wooden) ~ I really liked all the tough guys and Imp of course. 

Oh well. Still beat the other crap out there. 

Better yet it makes a sly commentary about women in power and immigration but it's left for you to decide. 

Edited by Frankly

We have thoroughly enjoyed the GoT run, but were disappointed in the final six episodes.  It was readily apparent that they were rushing to wrap it up. 

It was entertaining don't get me wrong, but the final season lacked quality writing.   The acting was good I can't blame the cast.   The writing quality was not up to the previous at all.    

4 hours ago, benos said:

We thought the final episode was the worst thing we'd ever watched on TV.

It was terrible.

On the plus side it did make a lot of other series finales seem just a little bit less terrible.