Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Game of Thrones (HBO)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. It's about the only not entirely PC Cuck show left on television and the special effects and violence are first rate. The princess is good looking too. 

Once it's over I'll delete HBO forever.

Edited by Frankly

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dranoel said:

Arya Stark! 😮

Rocks! Either my first or second favorite character, in the lead at the moment. 

Last nights episode was kind of the let down that needed to happen, pretty much all hacking and yelling and very restricted time for the great acting & intrigue of the first two episodes. Got some needed thread tying done and I'm looking forward to next week. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

7 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Rocks! Either my first or second favorite character, in the lead at the moment. 

Last nights episode was kind of the let down that needed to happen, pretty much all hacking and yelling and very restricted time for the great acting & intrigue of the first two episodes. Got some needed thread tying done and I'm looking forward to next week. 

I disagree with the let down. And there was PLENTY of great acting. You don't need words to be a great actor. Look at Charlie Chaplin. Then look at the fear in Samwell Tarley. The Determination on the face of Lady Mormont. The resolution on Tyrion and Sanza. The grief on Danarys. 

There were so many great performances in this episode it was amazing. And most with few or no words spoken.

The battle? Seemingly endless, just as in reality. I will admit that by the 40 minute mark I knew how it was going to end. It was just a matter of who was going to die before it did.

59 minutes ago, Dranoel said:

I disagree with the let down.

Good! Glad you enjoyed it!

To me after the first long battle with the ice dude on the far side of the wall & then the long battle of the bastards it was too much of something that I had already had enough of.  Agree that  it had moments.

I am primarily a fan of the books, I have never thought the show even remotely lived up to them. But in my opinion last night's episode was the biggest let down yet. There was nothing creative or interesting or unique. Oh, Arya leaped out of nowhere and stabbed the Night King...wow that's boring. She should have killed Bran and wore his face and then effed up ol' Whitey. 

Their battle plan was straight up stupid, they all knew their own slain would be reanimated. And the first time they said "let's put the weak folk in the crypts with the corpses it was obvious what would happen. Frankly, At this point I think Cersei deserves to keep the Throne!

I just hope if the books ever get finished they will be better. I highly recommend them over the show to anyone who still reads. 

I was at the edge of my seat the whole episode. 

I never read the books, and honestly don't want to just because of the gripes from the book purists. 

It's a well made entertaining show, and that's enough for me. 

Notice that the main strong male characters, the knights, Jamie, John Snow, etc. are invariably brave but stupid and it's the ladies who save the day. 

Just like in reality... not. The show is interesting after investing all this time into watching it but once the Hollywood writers took over after the George Martin books (Season 3 was the end) it became more of a soap opera and nobody was very clever, not even the Imp. It's just more anti-male propaganda so everyone gets a trophy and has higher self esteem. 

8000 years of a threat... you'd think they'd be a little wiser, a little better at strategy by now. But maybe they're all just really dumb? 

I'll finish watching the series, everything else on cable is even worse, but seems like the last three episodes are going to be Cersei's near triumph and rewarding defeat and tying up loose ends. 

9 hours ago, Frankly said:

but seems like the last three episodes are going to be Cersei's near triumph and rewarding defeat and tying up loose ends. 

Sometimes it ain't the destination it is the ride. I've enjoyed a lot of movies where you knew who would be the winner before you bought the ticket. 

Wondering about Cersei being pregnant, seems like a royal heir surviving is how this whole mess got started in the first place. 

18 hours ago, Frankly said:

but once the Hollywood writers took over after the George Martin books (Season 3 was the end) it became more of a soap opera and nobody was very clever

Is that what happened? I noticed by S5 that all the plot twists, sudden deaths of main characters, people switching sides, backstabbing and not knowing who the good guys and bad guys were had pretty much run it's course. Which was unfortunate because thats what hooked me in the first place. I mentioned the decline in interesting episodes to some of the GOT faithful and nearly got skewered by an angry mobs pitchforks.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, Frankly said:

nobody was very clever, not even the Imp

Last time these guys had one dragon shooter hid in a wagon and it did some damage, maybe we should plan for that . . . . . . 

Has none else been bothered by the fact that Euron Greyjoy built a fleet of huge ships from a place with very few trees and in record time. I know that’s a couple seasons back but it always amazes me the things the screen writers completely gloss over just to make their story work.  

Last week they’re sailing from White Harbor (in the north) to Dragonstone and get ambushed by a fleet of ships hiding behind an island that has never been there before while sailing north.  Whey didn’t Danny see the ships while flying air cover?  Again, suspending any sense of reality to make their story work.

Despite these little pet peeves, have enjoyed this show immensely!

At the rate they are killing off the bigger characters, I have to wonder if there will be anyone left to sit on the Iron Throne.

That said, A lot of surprises in the last couple episodes. Daenarys' world is crashing down. Understandable considering she's lost everyone important to her, except Jon and he no longer wants a romantic relationship. She finally takes Kings Landing and all she can see is reminders of her ancestry that were taken from her. What would YOU do?

Every time I saw Qyburn I thought it was Arya wearing his face and she was gonna kill Cersei. And then her trying to get out, really powerful and poignant statement of the atrocities of war. There are no heroes there. Only blood and death.

It was obvious Jon was torn between his loyalty to the Queen and doing what is right, when his Queen has totally lost it.

The Hound vs The Mountain. Epic. Hatred born of fire, ends in fire.

Jamie. All I can say is.....   Poor bastard.

Still waiting to see Jon's trial by fire where we find out he IS a true Targaryen.

Has been really fast paced this last season. Can't see them spending 5 more episodes just tying up loose ends. But only a few plot lines that can really be drawn out.

Still a great series in my book and that's really saying a lot considering how many series I have TRIED to watch and just couldn't do more than 3 or 4 episodes. GoT keeps me interested, keeps me thinking, gives me characters that are complex enough that it takes some meditation to understand them. Glad I am recording it. Will be a great marathon in a few years.

8 minutes ago, Dranoel said:

Has been really fast paced this last season. Can't see them spending 5 more episodes just tying up loose ends. But only a few plot lines that can really be drawn out....

LOL.  It is over next week. Only 6 episodes in season 8.