Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG Action Enhancement Package

blaster113

anyone have the factory SIG Action Enhancement Package done on their SIG's? curious about trigger pull weight, etc and if its worth the $179.95 plus shipping. kinda like the idea of having trigger work done and still having the warranty intact, but a trip to Grayguns isnt out of the question either.

decided that I NEED a P226 9mm so I can dabble in Production once in a while. trigger work is a must since the stock trigger sucks.

If I wanted to seriously jump into Production, I probably would get a CZ and have Angus and his crew do their magic. After having handled and shot CZ's, I just cant get excited about them though. Production will just be a once in a while thing; going to concetrate on L10/Limited. Always liked SIGs. Have owned 4 different ones at various times and lamented every single sale shortly afterward (especially the P228 :(). Plan on keeping this next 226 even if I move to another gun for Production, thus the desire for trigger work. Spoiled with the 2lb triggers on my STI's. Just need the tax return to come in....

I currently use a SIG P226 with SRT and spring changes only, stock sear and hammer. I really like it. My X-5 is at Gray Guns. I just got a CZ and CGW trigger parts, shot it last night for the first time. I like it, but the P226 will be hard to put down come match day. I need some more time with the CZ and with my GG X-5 before deciding which platform to stick with. Right now, P226 with a Bar-Sto barrel is my favorite, and its as accurate as the X-5 for IDPA distances.

Joe

I have a USPSA Edition steel framed Sig 226 and a Sig X-5 Allround. Both guns were done by Sig and the double action pulls on both guns are right at 4 1/2 lbs with the single action Pulls at 2 lbs. They are very smooth and worth the price IMO.

I have a USPSA Edition steel framed Sig 226 and a Sig X-5 Allround. Both guns were done by Sig and the double action pulls on both guns are right at 4 1/2 lbs with the single action Pulls at 2 lbs. They are very smooth and worth the price IMO.

DA at 4.5 lbs? Seriously? Bruce did my All Around and it's easily 7-8 lbs DA as he wouldn't guarantee ignition lighter than that.

Craig

that would be awesome if they could manage reliable ignition at 4.5lbs DA. the advertised 10lb double action pull feels like 12-14 lbs. going to play with lighter recoil and mainsprings and change the sights to the Dawson/Warren combo. I'd love to have Grayguns work on the pistol but the waiting period is a little long right now at 3 months.

SEveral years ago I had an older West German 226 that needed new springs and an overhaul so I sent it into Sig to get their AEP treatment. I got it back and was underwhelmed, trigger did not feel that much better than it did when I sent it in. Understand that I do have a 226ST that Bruce Gray has performed his magic on, and that trigger is unbelievable, so it does have a tough standard to compare to. I still have my old 226, and I do use it as a carry piece, so I am good with the Sig AEP, but its not up to speed for a competition gun.