Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What load for bianchi?

Ed Robinson

I've been shooting bianchi for about 5 years, open class. Gun is a Para p14 frame, Springfield slide tritopped and lightening cuts, Wilson 38 super barrel with unknown 2 port comp, Caspian shroud with Aimpoint comp scope. I've been shooting 4.8gr WW231 under Missouri's 125gr .356 TC cast bullet. I know, I know, you can't shoot cast in a comp barrel. Well I do and it's accurate as hell. I just have to clean my comp every 3 or 4 matches to get the led out. I do have a couple Thou Zero 125gr 38 super bullets I want to work up a load for. What are some of you shooting bullet and powder wise? Should I even be worried about working the comp? At the power factor we're shooting at, recoil is so soft anyway. Thanks in advance, Ed

Ed,

Try 4.6-4.8 gr of WST. The best bullets for the money and accuracy right now seem to be the Zero stock #135 which is a 125 gr HP. One poster on here (Action Pistolero) posted a pic of a 6-shot 50 yd group with that bullet that you could cover with a nickel! That's the new bullet they came up with in answer to the Hornady HAP. That load works fine behind most any 115-125 gr bullets that we've tried so far. It makes for a nice soft-shooting load and is accurate as can be. You might try some different OALs too. The best accuracy with our guns seems to be around 1.215-1.240 instead of the recommended 1.250 from the books. Usually the shorter the better.

Believe it or not, that comp is working, even with our light loads. You'd be amazed at how much muzzle jump you'd get without it!

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

I've been shooting bianchi for about 5 years, open class. Gun is a Para p14 frame, Springfield slide tritopped and lightening cuts, Wilson 38 super barrel with unknown 2 port comp, Caspian shroud with Aimpoint comp scope. I've been shooting 4.8gr WW231 under Missouri's 125gr .356 TC cast bullet. I know, I know, you can't shoot cast in a comp barrel. Well I do and it's accurate as hell. I just have to clean my comp every 3 or 4 matches to get the led out. I do have a couple Thou Zero 125gr 38 super bullets I want to work up a load for. What are some of you shooting bullet and powder wise? Should I even be worried about working the comp? At the power factor we're shooting at, recoil is so soft anyway. Thanks in advance, Ed

SVI Frame STI slide Nowlin Barrel cut to 5.5" 3 port comp..... lots of 122grain Truncated Cone led boolits with 4.7gns W231 - loaded to 1.210" with a light taper crimp. I love 'em.

To keep the comp clean I just give the ports a few drops of Dillon case lube - the lanolin slows the led build-up to almost nothing. :surprise:

4.8 gns of W231 and a Zero 125gn hp or Hornady HAP loaded the same way shoots pretty good, but not good enough to stop me from using the cast product for practice and the odd match.

My load from Zero is using Power Pistol and believe it or not around a 140 PF. This is a load that Fred Stallings worked up and it shoots. With the comp. control is not a problem. I know that sound hot, but it shoots well out of my Gilmore guns. I am using the 125 JHP Zero HAP also in a 38 supter. I have been playing with VVN 320 4.6 gr loaded to a length of 1.214. Haven't had enough good weather to test for accuracy, but the chrono stat are: Extreme spread was 46, Average vel. was 1140, Power factor 142.6 and Standard Deviation was 10. Tried 4.3 also: ES 89, Ave. Vel. 1093, PF 136.7 SD 24. All this doesn't predict accuracy but consistancy. So if it groups all is good.

Kim

I've got a bit of WST I'll load up and see how it shoots with the zeros. Also bought some Autocomp a while back. Haven't even opened the can yet. I know some folks using it in 9 minor loads. Anybody tried it in their Bianchi gun?

Are y'all shooting the new #136 9mm bullet that looks like the HAP or the old 125 gr JHP (#161) .356? I thought the #136 was a .355 bullet. My barrel slugs .3555 and it likes a .356 bullet. I've tried 355 Montana's and they pattern, not group , like buckshot in my 38 super.

Okay.

Let's stick to the product numbers to keep things straight.

Since the #136 125 gr shows to be a 9mm bullet I think you are right. It would be a .355.

#161 is the 125 gr 38 Super which is .356. I found them at Shooters Connection.

I've seen them.....they do exist.....

Are y'all shooting the new #136 9mm bullet that looks like the HAP or the old 125 gr JHP (#161) .356? I thought the #136 was a .355 bullet. My barrel slugs .3555 and it likes a .356 bullet. I've tried 355 Montana's and they pattern, not group , like buckshot in my 38 super.

Mine used to shoot .356's better, until I shot the new HAP Style 115gr .355 (sorry, don't know the #).

Mine used to shoot .356's better, until I shot the new HAP Style 115gr .355 (sorry, don't know the #).

Well to save problems in my shop. The new one is called Conical JHP the old one Round Nose JHP. Screw the numbers it makes my head hurt when I am trying to explain it over the phone to someone who has never seen them.

Anyways back to the original question.

4.5gr TG, 1.225" OAL = 1160fps in my 6". Accuracy was embarrassingly good. Which means I still managed to miss a plate and shoot a 5 on mover last weekend. DOH!

Accuracy was embarrassingly good. Which means I still managed to miss a plate and shoot a 5 on mover last weekend. DOH!

Is that why they call them the shakey isles ?

i'm not sure the isles where shaking so much as the hands holding the gun.

if you need a lesson on shooting a clean mover, come see me.

Edited by wanderer

Damn I'm more confused on these bullets now than before.

I have about 1400 of the #160, 125gr JHP's which are .356

Shooters Connection has the #135, 115gr HAP style, .355

AND

The # 136, 125gr HAP style ..355

AND

# 161, 125 gr JHP .356 bullet!

I wish I could get 50 of each and see which worked best for me. Anybody willing to sell me 50 of whatever you shoot?

Damn I'm more confused on these bullets now than before.

I have about 1400 of the #160, 125gr JHP's which are .356

Shooters Connection has the #135, 115gr HAP style, .355

AND

The # 136, 125gr HAP style ..355

AND

# 161, 125 gr JHP .356 bullet!

I wish I could get 50 of each and see which worked best for me. Anybody willing to sell me 50 of whatever you shoot?

Ed,

According to the Zero website the #160 is a 121 gr JHP not 125. I tried the 121 HAP years ago and never had any luck with it. That doesn't mean they won't work for you. The only bullets that I have are the #135 and the #161. If you want 50 of each send me a PM with your address. I just buzzed through you state today.

Thanks Kim. We may have handle it.