Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Randi Rogers Shooting

I am departing on an exciting new journey. More details will follow. GLOCK is a wonderful company but it is time for new opportunities and challenges. I thank them for the years of support and look forward to much success with a new company.

From her facebook page. Interesting that she just posted a couple of weeks ago about staying and how happy she was

Almost looks like they are getting out of the sponsored shooter business.

Or they are a crappy company to shoot for?

Could be both. But let's remember, in the end it's all about marketing more than actual shooting. They are a corporation and want to sell more and more of their products. I doubt they really care about Randi's practice time, down time or how well she really does as long as she's on that next plane to wherever to stand in front of the camera and promote. It's a business.

So who is left ? Gunny & Tori ?

Almost looks like they are getting out of the sponsored shooter business.

Or it oculd simply be there's a lot more competition for good shooters to sponsor and glock hasn't caught up the the newly competitive environment. I suspect new sponsorship dollars would prefer to sponsor known players than take a risk on a new person, and thus a lot of poaching would ensue.

I pulled this quote from Michael Bane's blog.

"Big shuffling in the competition world, what with Jeesie going to Taurus & Randi Rogers leaving Glock for Comp-Tac Holsters!"

It would surprise me if Comp-Tac Holsters has the marketing budget to support a sponsored shooter in any meaningful way. Makes me wonder if it's a voluntary move.

Greg and Gordon are good people and Comp tec is a good product line, maybe not for USPSA, but I do own 5 holsters from them for daily carry and IDPA.

I agree - good company, solid products. I carry in an MTAC daily, and I've got several other pieces of gear from them, too...

I thought the same. Maybe they are adding some new stuff. Greg and Gordon are good people and Comp tec is a good product line, maybe not for USPSA, but I do own 5 holsters from them for daily carry and IDPA.

Comp-Tac works just fine for USPSA Single Stack ;)

It is official. From The Shooting Wire- "Comp-Tac Victory Gear, LLC., a leading manufacturer of holsters for the personal defense and competition market, announced that Randi Rogers, a marketing professional and world-class competition shooter, has joined the company as Marketing and Sales Manager."