Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P30L

Vipers

Are these popular models for comp shooting? Are they liked as much as Glock, STI or Sig? Any reason not to shot them in comp? I have wanted one for a long time but haven't purchased yet. My carry gun is a Glock and I target shoot with a Sig 226. Anyway, thanks.

Its a fantastic gun that I would trust my life to, yet for competition, there are better alternatives with larger after market support.

For me, the DA/SA trigger is not great for competition.

Everything else, I love the gun, and the ultimate SHTF gun for me.

I carry my P-30 regularly and compete with it occasionally. Mine is a DA/SA version which I like. Not much after market support, not a lot one can do to the trigger etc. But, reliable, durable and light to carry. I have some pistols that are fussy about what loads they shoot accurately but not the P-30.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot a P30 with the Bruce Gray trigger job and love it, I normally compete with a CZ Shadow. The trigger feels almost as good as my Shadow, I haven't shot a match with it yet, but plan to soon. Mine is SA/DA, and I'm picking up an HK45 with LEM this afternoon.

• 9 months later...

Is LEM necessary to have the lighter DA and shorter SA reset?

You can do the LEM mod on the USP's as well and then take it a step further but doing the Hybrid LEM/Match trigger set up. I have a USP9 LEM I am having converted to the hybrid option.

I would love to try them out in IPSC PD here in the Philippines, although I never seen anyone yet here competing with it. We have the V3 ver here, and with a 12lb hammer spring and a lighter fpbs, I think it can be competetive enough. I dig the reliability and durabilty of th HK's :)

• 4 months later...

I shoot a P30 in 9MM and I've often wondered if the P30L would have a more controllable recoil impulse. I have arthritis and I'm becoming more sensitive to recoil as it gets worse. I find that the P30 seems to generate more recoil than most of my 9's, except for the very small ones, like the SA EMP.