Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB

SILVER CREEK CONSERVATION CLUB will host thier March USPSA match this sunday, March 11, 2012. Match fee is $15 members, $20 non members. We will have 6 stages set up including one classifier. Round count is approx. 150. Match registration will be in the club house. Final setup will begin sunday morning at 8 am. Hammer down 10:30 am. Hope to see you sunday morning.

Dave and his crew put on one heck of a match. Great stages and extremely well run. :cheers:

Not to mention you get to see a true American Hero, Lee Leonard, who makes a mean biscuits and gravy. :bow: :bow:

I'm still working on Lee about biscuits & sausage. I think he will pull thru. We had major tornado damage within about 7-8 miles of the club. We weathered the storms OK. Henryville, Marysville & Chelsea to the north east of SCCC & Pekin to the north west were hammered. I have had comments made to me about taking up donations, but I think the best charitable contribution would be to The Red Cross or Salvation Army, cash is needed, bedding and clothing is already well provided. Alot of victims have lost everything and some were uninsured. I can also provide names of local church's involved in care, support & clean up efforts. Just add a reply if you need information. I'll post more info as I recieve it.

Dave I'm thinking of coming down this weekend with one of the various folks that are coming from the area. Refresh my memory, about what time will your match wrap up? I have to back home by 6PM for a meeting.

Dave I'm thinking of coming down this weekend with one of the various folks that are coming from the area. Refresh my memory, about what time will your match wrap up? I have to back home by 6PM for a meeting.

It isnt the shooting that determines when you get home. It is how much food Keen eats at Hooters!

It isnt the shooting that determines when you get home. It is how much food Keen eats at Hooters!

Hooters?

I hope they've lost at least one waitress.. My last waitress there was 10 months pregnant, still in her hooters 'uniform' and generally unsociable.

Hooters?

I hope they've lost at least one waitress.. My last waitress there was 10 months pregnant, still in her hooters 'uniform' and generally unsociable.

There's a Hooters about 5 miles south of the range, on the way back to Cincy, I-65 exit 4.

Hooters?

:goof: She must have been on maternity break when we were there last! You are really messing up my vizualization practice!

Hooters?

:goof: She must have been on maternity break when we were there last! You are really messing up my vizualization practice!

I haven't been to a hooters since...

too many flashbacks thinking about it

He eats a lot. However, he eats with the same GM speed as he shoots.

Great match Dave and crew. Definitely worth the drive!

Edited by Paul Santiago

Hey, I resemble that remark!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wow!!! What a great match! Great weather, great stages, great people, great food (free donuts AND sausage & biscuits!) and then came the food at Hooters! Holy cow! 1/2 pound of crab legs, half doz. oysters that were TWICE as big as the saltine crackers (with horseradish, onions, & shrimp sauce), 5 hot wings, AND FREE BEER SAMPLES from the wonderful "Miller Lite girls" who were walking around, and some really great friends to enjoy it all with!!!

I just can';t tell you how much fun I had today. Thanks to Dave, Lee, and all the other fine folks who put this match on every month! :)

We WILL be back next time! Those were some damn fine stages. :cheers::cheers:

Definitely one of the best matches in these parts!

Now if I could get the guy running my gun to actually engage ALL the targets, that would make it really nice. :eatdrink: :eatdrink: :eatdrink:

My gun's biggest problem was absence! (FTBIRB or failure to be in range bag!). It's a Lexington thing... You know who you are ;)

Fortunately jbrought was qualified to lend me his.

It was full of Mikes though. Go figure. :unsure:

Saved the day though :cheers:

Edited by Steve Umansky