Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ's and Moly bullets

ohsevenflhx

I have read on a couple forums that the CZ tactical sport has problems running moly bullets. Does anyone have any experience with this. I presently am using Precision Bullets in another 40s&w and am having no issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Moly kinda runs a little dirty, just clean more often. Picky on powder too. I went back and kept it simple and went with proven loads. Spending more on practicing time than load development. Then again load development is part of the fun of the hobby.

Precision Moly were too smokey for my taste (CZ 9mm) and there were signs of leading after a few hundred rounds. I tried VV320, #7, WSF, Silhouette and Win 231. I went back to Montana Gold hollow points and VV320. Clean, accurate and reliable.

I like the Moly bullets in 230gr 45 ACP just wasn't worth it for me in 9mm.

I had great results when I was using Black Bullets in my Shadow. No leading issues, and the barrel always cleaned up real nice. I stopped using them when they were taking months to fill orders. Now that they are under new ownership I'll probably give them another try.

I have run a few thousand Black Bullets and more than a few thousand Bayou's through my 75 Shadow with no problems. You do need to get the length right since lead is fatter towards the tip and it seems most chambers in shadows are a little short.

I will be going back to try BB since they will actually be available now.