Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Measurements for an SJC mount?

Noximus03

I work offshore and I'm in Australia on a job right now, but while I'm out here.....I plan to use the tools and materials we have to my advantage, lol. I'm going to make a thumb rest for my SJC mount and was wondering if anyone who owns one can get me a few measurements. heres what i need.

overall length/height

width of the slots, and how far from one another are they

how much clearance between the inside of the mount and the slide

Thanks in advance, folks. It'd be a huge help!

Joe

When I think about Australia, I think "beer, hot Austalians in skimpy clothes, and beer", not "Ooooo! I want to build a new thumb rest for my scope mount!".

Am I missing something here? :eatdrink:

(Don't have access to an SJC right now, but still wanted to yank your chain.)

Edited by Braxton1

HAAAAA....nice one, Bruce. I thought of the same thing while I was awaiting crew change in Perth. 50 miles out to sea on a very large boat, surrounded by tols and various types of stock metel, however......yeah, I'm thinking build something. I like where your head's at, though.

Are you talking about the Micro sight mount?

1.71" wide, 1.62" tall, slots .20" wide and .0825 between the slots. .0790 between mount and slide.

That was for a mico sight mount on a G35. I hope thats what you are wanting. Let me know if you need anything else. Send some pics when you get done and I will send you my shipping address!!! lol. :D

Are you talking about the Micro sight mount?

1.71" wide, 1.62" tall, slots .20" wide and .0825 between the slots. .0790 between mount and slide.

That was for a mico sight mount on a G35. I hope thats what you are wanting. Let me know if you need anything else. Send some pics when you get done and I will send you my shipping address!!! lol. :D

I have an SJC mount with a C-More Slide Ride sitting on top. Lol, tell you what, PM me your info and ill make 2 since i have the tools and materials here at work. I'm thinking of making it a two piece with an adjustable thumb part.

well, if I can figure out a way to post the pictures, I'll upload them on here and you can see the finished piece's. I made two. One out of aluminum, and one out of a Stainless Steel mount, and an aluminum thumb rest.