Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Runaround

bbbean

Starting position in uprange box facing down range, hands relaxed at sides. Engage targets from within shooting area.

Sightline notes: front two targets and outside two rear targets available from uprange box. Star only available from downrange box.

post-14972-0-90702400-1330793684_thumb.j

"available" as in "visible" or "available" as in "shoot only this, or else get procedurals" ? I'm guessing that it's the latter taking advantage of the level I exception allowed in the rules. If a shooter is tall enough to look over the center wall to see the star, will they get procedurals?

Anyway, I like the concepts built into the stage. It maybe interesting to stick no-shoots around the side ports to encourage movement closer to the ports.

"available" as in "visible" or "available" as in "shoot only this, or else get procedurals" ? I'm guessing that it's the latter taking advantage of the level I exception allowed in the rules. If a shooter is tall enough to look over the center wall to see the star, will they get procedurals?

Available as in "Can only be seen or shot from this point". It's hard to see in the 2 dimensional jpeg, but the angles work out in Sketchup. As for the wall, it extends to infinity.

BB

Available as in "Can only be seen or shot from this point". It's hard to see in the 2 dimensional jpeg, but the angles work out in Sketchup. As for the wall, it extends to infinity.

BB

It looks like the downrange outside targets are available from all 3 shooting areas. It's part of the reason why I was asking. An Open or Limited shooter can just take the 2 two uprange targets, then the 8 targets through the ports, reload, and move to the downrange box, and shoot everything else.

Remember to put the "extends to infinity" in the WSB, otherwise the rulebook defaults to as built (2.2.3.3).

Edited by Skydiver

It looks like the downrange outside targets are available from all 3 shooting areas. It's part of the reason why I was asking. An Open or Limited shooter can just take the 2 two uprange targets, then the 8 targets through the ports, reload, and move to the downrange box, and shoot everything else.

That's correct. That's one way to shoot it

BB

Oops, I meant 4 targets through the ports. I was counting 8 shots. :-)

We're not at the match. I was willing to work with what you meant to say and not what you actually said.rolleyes.gif

Edited by bbbean

Thinking about this stage some more, one of the interesting variations could be to have the start position be a chair positioned right in the center of the middle shooting area. Truly give the shooter the runaround. The thing I can't figure out though is how not to create an RO trap when the shooter is retreating up range.

Thinking about this stage some more, one of the interesting variations could be to have the start position be a chair positioned right in the center of the middle shooting area. Truly give the shooter the runaround. The thing I can't figure out though is how not to create an RO trap when the shooter is retreating up range.

We have revolver shooters who are already going to be annoyed with me when they see this one. I don't need to give them an opportunity for an "accident"!

Barry, I'd put a no-shoot or more barrels to prevent the front two target from being viewed once past the first set of walls. A new shooter may move forward and see them and attempt to shoot them. If they did, then a 180 DQ is inevitable.