Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5 Days Without a Cigarette

Singlestack

I never knew that scented laundry detergent actually left scent in the laundry. Couldn't smell it. I went to a bar last Saturday night. Came home, went to bed. Next morning, hopped in the shower and went back to my bedroom. I'm thinking WTF is that smell? It's my clothes I had on in the smokey bar. Went to bed Sunday night and again, I'm like whats that smell? It's my pillow, I guess from my hair.

Things I never knew.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit in 1972 cold turkey (no patches back then) after several attempts.

My motivation; in Jan 1973 we had our first child. It was tough, but I

guarantee you that you will come to a point where there's no going back.

I like what "goinhot" said; save the money you would have spent on smokes

and buy yourself a new gun. Keep up the good work.

I quite cold turkey over 30 years ago. It is incredible what you can taste and smell after you quit. I used to get coffee Light and Sweet. Quit smoking and was down to less than one sugar and a splash. Then went to black no sugar and last year quit coffee as well!

Subtle smells and tastes will take time and you will need in some cases to reeducate your pallet but it is worth it, not to mention that a pack a day is near to or over $200 a month! That will pay for a lot of local match fees and gas as well as most of your match ammo! If you were doing two packs a day, you can even eat dinner after the match and still be money ahead.

Good for you. I quite 25years ago. Smoked 3 packs a day. Woke up one night with a chest cold and couldn't hardly breathe. Quite right then and there. Drempt about smoking the first 10 years or so. It will get easier. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Good Job, just say no! It's been 23 years since I quit. Have no desire to pick them up again. Here's a great incentive. Both of my parents smoked for 50+ years. Mom died of copd / emphysema / pneumonia thsi year and I'm listening to my dad wheeze now.To all of my shooting buddies...STOP SMOKING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost been 6 months now. Quit the nicotine lozenges 2 months ago and they were easy compared to cigarettes. The frequency of the cravings has diminished but I still want one. I probably always will.

That is great news and as far as always wanting one, I quit 28yrs ago in September when my Daughter was 9 months old. I still miss it but missing is better than smoking.