Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kahr T9 for IDPA?

lee blackman

My daily carry gun is a Kahr T9. I have 2 extra magazines but only a single mag pouch (I rotate one in and out). I carry in a Galco leather paddle type holster.

Can I show up and shoot IDPA with this, or is it completely impractical? I know IDPA is more of a 1911 mans game, but I wanted to run some scenarios and get some practice with my carry gun. Is 1 spare magazine enough, or would I require 2? And what division would I be shooting in?

My daily carry gun is a Kahr T9.

I know IDPA is more of a 1911 mans game, but I wanted to run some scenarios and get some practice with my carry gun. Is 1 spare magazine enough, or would I require 2? And what division would I be shooting in?

Lee,

Yep, that's why I'm shooting IDPA a lot.

Run with some scenarios and good practice with the daily carry gun that I can't get at a local square range.

Don't worry about the 1911 crowd as you'll be shooting in SSP or ESP with that gun.

AD

i have shot a couple of matches with my kahrs P/K 9's. they are fun to shoot and you will get some funny looks (at least i did when i shot my K9 for fun) you would be in Stock Service Pistol (SSP) just be careful with what ever mag pouches you use. i was shooting a bug match and i had two rounds come out of the mag and stay in the holster...

1911's are the exception not the rule at most IDPA matches. SSP is usually much more popular. Your T-9 isnt the most competitive tool for the job. But if you wanna shoot it shoot. You really need to pick up a couple more magazines and a mag pouch.