Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GNation Competition Membership?

I'm not sure what the confusion is. This is the same divisions that have been present for several weeks. Now you can pay online.

If you don't want in, you don't pay anything in.

Amen.

They're really not asking for much compared to what they're giving back.

Do you really think any other governing body is going to take care of Outlaw multi-gun?

I bet they could do a lot with a little money - folks dump plenty in to USPSA by comparison.

You pay some administrative fees to be part of the Series of your choice. Don't want to be in a series, then you dont need to pay anything extra. Just pay your normal match and ammo fees and have a great year.

Thats true they're not asking for much. But what's next?

Well, they're creating:

*A television show based on highlighting outlaw multigun and action shooting sports.

*Standardized rules for equipment, operations, and targets.

*Online resources for sharing media and knowledge. (Website and forums)

*A ranking system.

*(It looks like) they're creating a magazine as well.

They got to this point without asking for a dime from us. I'd be glad to throw them $25 to see what they could do with it.

Edit: I'm throwing them $675.

:cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

Well, they're creating:

*A television show based on highlighting outlaw multigun and action shooting sports.

*A ranking system.

They got to this point without asking for a dime from us. I'd be glad to throw them $25 to see what they could do with it. :cheers:

You forgot PRIZES!

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

They got to this point without asking for a dime from us. I'd be glad to throw them $25 to see what they could do with it.

Edit: I'm throwing them $675.

:cheers:

Good point. I'm going to give them my money. Just thought I'd pose the question.

Edited by jdknotts1

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

They got to this point without asking for a dime from us. I'd be glad to throw them $25 to see what they could do with it. :cheers:

You forgot PRIZES!

Yep

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

You forgot PRIZES!

Yep

I thought all the prizes were donated from the vendors and/or the manufacturers? I never thought 3GN or the host of the shoot had to pay for any of it??

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

You forgot PRIZES!

Yep

I thought all the prizes were donated from the vendors and/or the manufacturers? I never thought 3GN or the host of the shoot had to pay for any of it??

Big entries equal big prize tables

Lots of stuff does get donated, and lots of stuff is bought on a 2 for 1 deal or some other type of discount.

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

You forgot PRIZES!

Yep

It may be true that the items are probably provided free of charge by vendors but I bet there is quite a bit of time involved in setting up the whole program and soliciting vendors to get those "free" items. They are asking for $25 to be involved with their program (other than the Pro Series) and that seems more than fair to me.

Doug

Well, they're creating:

*A ranking system.

You forgot PRIZES!

Yep

It makes more sense for manufactures to donate for the prize table when they are getting mentioned or their banners are seen on a TV show.

No doubt that 3-Gun nation has been a huge influence on our sport.

I doubt there is any major match were all the prizes are donated for "free". However, 3GN has provided a TON of "free" advertising for the sport and the sponsors that support the sport. The collective "we" has to acknowledge that the 2000 or so total 3 gunners don't spend enough to support all of these sponsors. If anything, 3GN has made the prize tables deeper without us paying any extra.

I will guarantee that the 20 or so firearms, at least 20 optics, not to mention accessories and ammunition that my local friends bought last year on my recomendations DID have something to do with the fact that I shot several major 3Gun matches and told them about them. Out of that sizeable group, only one is going to shoot any 3 gun this year. The rest are merely happy to buy the stuff that can stand the rigors of 3Gun competition. Most of these folks I have known for years, but now the sport I enjoy is on TV. Just the other day I got a call from yet another who had just got his first AR. He was giggling because the rifle I recomended he get, he had just seen on TV in the hands of a "Pro".

Advertising works, 3GN makes it work better!

I wasn't going to register at first since besides maybe going to the FNH 3 Gun Championship I wasn't attending any major 3 gun nation events. But since Tarheel 3 Gun down in NC has been picked for the pilot program of the 3 Gun Nation Club Series I might consider it. Especially since I am going to try to go to the Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge, and was already planning on going to one or two of their regular club matches this year.

I ended up signing up for the Semi-Pro series. Kind of dissapointed you can't sign up for multiple. I was planning on signing up for Divisional and Semi-Pro.

And my way of thinking when I started this thread is that I always get skeptical about any company asking for "just a little more money".