Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ELS setup list

Solidgun

I have been wondering the same thing. If I have a 36" pant size seems like I should buy the equivalent sized outer belt. What size inner belt should I buy? The same size as the outer belt? Thanks

I have been wondering the same thing. If I have a 36" pant size seems like I should buy the equivalent sized outer belt. What size inner belt should I buy? The same size as the outer belt? Thanks

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and was told to buy my same waist size and was also told to buy the next size up. I bought the next size (40) and have pretty much put my belt together and I have about a 4 1/2" wrap around which I am happy with. For a thinner guy that much wrap around might be too much. I have 8 ELS 35 plates attached.

edit: Bought my waist size inner belt.

Edited by TreyK

Their belts are THE exact size you wear. They have their belts oversized, so you order your belt the same size pants you wear. 36 waist...36 belt. It's different from the other belt mfrs. Ordering it larger doesn't hurt either, you can still put ELS attachments on the part that's looping, just might make it difficult to fasten.

Edited by JeremyM

Their belts are THE exact size you wear. They have their belts oversized, so you order your belt the same size pants you wear. 36 waist...36 belt. It's different from the other belt mfrs. Ordering it larger doesn't hurt either, you can still put ELS attachments on the part that's looping, just might make it difficult to fasten.

Thanks for the info on their sizing system. If I were to order one size up, is there any advantage to having "overhang" (besides having room to grow :roflol: ) or is it best to stay with my actual waist size?

Thanks for the info on their sizing system. If I were to order one size up, is there any advantage to having "overhang" (besides having room to grow :roflol: ) or is it best to stay with my actual waist size?

Can't go wrong either way

Here is the finished result, on and off the belt:

On_Belt.jpg

Back12.jpg

I added some adjustable knobs to set the tension of the holster and so far, it has carried my 2011 through 2 matches without any problems. I really like the ability to easily take the holster on and off for stages where the pistol is not needed.

I am thinking of going this same way. What do you think you have invested in this set up with just the belt system without holster, shell holders, etc.

thanks, gerritm

Outer Belt:$40

Inner belt: I just used the one from my CR Speed

ELS Connectors: $25 per pair x 5 sets (10 connectors) = $125

QLS attachment: $25

QLS Belt attachment:$5

Blade Tech DOH: $50 used off here

4 extra male ELS Attachments: $30

$275 total

Throw in:

6 MME caddies @$40 each

1 4x4 @$70

4 Safariland 773 pistol pouches used off here @ $40

2 Safariland rifle mag pouches @ $20 each

Another $490, so I have well over $700 invested. I hope my wife never sees this!

$275 total

Throw in:

6 MME caddies @$40 each

1 4x4 @$70

Another $490, so I have well over $700 invested. I hope my wife never sees this!

I have a couple of 3x3 caddies, but mostly California Comp 6 shell. Can you adapt the CC shell holders?

gerritm

I have a couple of 3x3 caddies, but mostly California Comp 6 shell. Can you adapt the CC shell holders?

gerritm

CC makes replacement backs to mount ELS forks to their 4shell holders. Not sure if it works on their 6shell, as I don't have any of those.

$275 total

Throw in:

6 MME caddies @$40 each

1 4x4 @$70

My setup is now over $800 and I need another Pinwheel so it will be close to $900 with shipping when I am done.

Outer Belt $40

Inner Belt $17

ELS Bracket Kit $30 x 5

Rifle Mag pouch (774) $25 x 3

Pistol Mag pouch (771) $25 x 4

Blade-Tech DOH for 5.25 $70

Mid-ride loop adapter $20

QLS brackets $35

Carbon Arms FSL12 $135 x 2

Carbon Arms SSL PinWh $50

This has become an addiction.

It has!

I am trying to come up with at way to mount my CED timer to an ELS fork for practice secessions as well!

I cannot say enough good things about this system. At LaRue, there were 5-6 on our squad using them. When we got to the all pistol stage, we were swapping out mag pouches between shooters. It's so easy to take equipment on and off. Since we started with the pistol on a shelf and seated, I took my holster off and un-bagged/bagged it at the line. One less thing to get in the way.

Exactly the reason I went with this belt. At last year's LaRue match, I was taking my CR Speed belt on and off so many times to swap gear, that I actually frayed the edges of it.

It has!

I am trying to come up with at way to mount my CED timer to an ELS fork for practice secessions as well!

ced7000 and xelk phone fits perfectly in my AR mag pouch

I didn't think about using an AR pouch. Good Idea!. I need to order a couple of their M1A mag pouches for Heavy. See, it never ends!

I recently got the ELS system along with their 3 gun range bag

very slick system indeed

What do you think of their 3 gun bag?

Edited by prreed10