Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GN AM Series

I'm in. Who else? I'm layin' claim now to the grand prize Stag 3G rifle in an "L" version ! I've told the wife and kids it bologna sandwiches and Ramen noodles from now till the FN Champs. Daddy has to pay for match fees, ammo and travel expenses!

Still on the fence. I can only afford to go to one of the qualifying events this year....which will be the CMMG Midwest.The way I understand the rules it's whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins. So whoever can afford to go to the most shoots will likely be the winner. I wish it was based off a percentage, you get to take the best match percentage out of any match you went to for your 3GN AM score for the year. You go to one shoot and rock it.....you have a chance. You go to one shoot and blow it.....well you can always try again if you can afford to make it to another qualified event. Just one guy with shallow pockets opinion of it.

I've already signed up. I'm shooting the pro am in open am, the blue ridge, and FN. The sereies is based on your best three finishes, so you only need to make three matches to really be in the running.

When the closest of any of the registered matches is a 10 hour drive one-way, three is a lot. Especially when fuel is expected to go over $4 per gallon this summer. I've estimated the cost for me to go to the one match is going to run close to $1000, I just don't have the disposable income to go to 3. Then there's the matter of taking the time off work on top of the cost.

I wish I could and maybe will someday. If there were some matches closer to the MN area I would definitely do it. Seems there are lot of matches on the east coast, west coast and across the southern states. Unfortunately you're pretty much hosed if you live in the north central area.

Chris

I've already signed up. I'm shooting the pro am in open am, the blue ridge, and FN. The sereies is based on your best three finishes, so you only need to make three matches to really be in the running.

I thought it was he who has the most points wins? So if you shoot 5 matches only the best 3 percentages count?

I just found out about this and signed up. (I've been out of the loop for a couple of months due to a family issue.) I'm already in 2 of the matches will do at least 1 or two more, and the money's for a good cause. Last place is MINE!!! :devil:

DanO

I thought it was he who has the most points wins? So if you shoot 5 matches only the best 3 percentages count?

Best 3 count, percentage converted to points, 75% = 75 points.

4.1: Series points will be awarded based on percentage earned during a given match. For example, if a competitor shoots 75% of the division winning score at match “X,” then the competitor will receive 75 series points for that match.

5.2: After calculating a competitor’s top three scores from any division, the final 3GN Amateur Standings will determine the order of finish for 2012 season.

David E.

I'm glad it is the best 3 then. I still would like to shoot 5 matches to get a better chance though. I'm really looking hard at gourmet bologna recipes :D (pronounced Bo-log-nuh) Does the percentages come from the High Overall winner of the match or the High Am in this case?

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that has signed up, have you recieved any type of conformation? Card, email, anything? Just wondereing if 3GN has had enough people to sign up....

With a little research I have formed an opinion, SIMHO;

I think there is some apprehension for some folks joining the Amateur Division.

And maybe more to the point, afraid you may be too good to select Amateur.

No one wants to be teased about that.

Let me say there is a lot of interest in Semi Pro, I would think that will be a pool of good shooters who hope to go Pro next season.

So if you are not in the “Pro/SemiPro” camp but would like to participate in a National series, sign up online at 3Gun Nation as Amateur and let’s play.

Good or Bad, it will be fun.

Michael

I signed up. So far, I can only make 3 of the matches so I will have to make each one count.

I will have to shoot different gear for the Pro-Am as they don't have a separate division

for HMO that I will shoot in the others.

Craig

I signed up. So far, I can only make 3 of the matches so I will have to make each one count.

I will have to shoot different gear for the Pro-Am as they don't have a separate division

for HMO that I will shoot in the others.

Craig

I'm in for 3 also..I may just do it so I can say I did it...Bucket List checkoff :)

*Kelli

Edited by k1kelli

I'm signed up for the Amateur membership... and should make it to three matches. Like everyone else said, it is a good cause, and they have done a lot for the sport. I'll give them $25 for that.

Now it would be nice to get some kind of confirmation that we actually have a membership to something.

-Randy