Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We're moving to new server tonight

benos

We didn't "upgrade" - we moved to a new server. And I had no choice but to move us to a new server, because the server we were on could not handle the amount of membes online we've steadily had online lately, espcially in the evenings.

There's always a debugging curve for changes as massive as this one was. So please be thankful that we're still on the interwebs, and not dead on some server somewhere.

be

This board is currently offline.

The forum move has been completed. If you are seeing this message it is because you are still accessing the old server at IP 74.55.30.98. You should be able to access the new server at 184.170.243.26 as soon as the DNS change propagates the net. You may need to exit and re-start your browser, or perhaps even reboot. If you do that and still see this message, please be patient - that just means the DNS has not propagated to your ISP yet.

If you know how, you can set up manual routine to brianenos.com and www.brianenos.com to get access before the DNS change kicks in.

No need to call IT, just followed the directions.

please be patient - that just means the DNS has not propagated to your ISP yet.

Brian,

Any word on e-mail notifications? I haven't recieved any since the move.

Scott, Did you happen to recheck your settings? May have gotten lost there.

I've received a few notifications in the last few minutes, but not for all of the topics I'm watching (nothing from this thread.) Maybe it will work itself out over the next few days.

Brian and Rob, thanks for putting in the time and effort to move to the new server. It's definitely faster on my end.

:cheers:

With almost 500 members steadily online - the server 15-minute load average is hanging steady, right around .8. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

:D

That's good - I wonder how long it'll last cheers.gif

With almost 500 members steadily online - the server 15-minute load average is hanging steady, right around .8. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

:D

Damn. I wish I understood any of this computer talk! All I want to know with this server thing is, what's the load data and does it shoot well? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...