Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from WI

Giant81

I just wanted to say HI and introduce myself. I just started shooting USPSA and I just shot my first match on Sat.

I had a blast doing it and I don't think I did too bad. I showed up running a bone stock glock 26 that only had 10 rounds through it before that day. I got a little ribbing for being the biggest guy (6'9" 300lb) and running the smallest gun. She ran like a champ. I wasn't even sure what division I wanted to shoot in when I got there so I asked the girl at the sign up sheet. She put me in Limited. Not sure why, I think I'll shoot production next time.

Anyway, here are the results.

If you go to the USPSA match results and search for WI19 club it was the match on 2/18/2012. (I tried to put the link in but wasn't able to since I'm a new member)

I was competitor number 17 if you run the report for that. I need to sit down and find out how the hit factor works and also spend some time at the range so I don't end up with so many misses. If I'm reading that right I had 5 misses and 1 NS from hitting a black part. WOW I didn't think I missed that many times. The biggest thing was that I can't always see if I hit it so I take my sight alignment and site picture and hope for the best.

After one day of shooting I do know one thing. I'm hooked.

Welcome to the forums and the sport. Looking at the results, you were running just a tad below 50% of Darryl D. on most stages and the final overall. If you can do that your first time out you should be fine. Darryl is a hell of a shot. Not sure where in WI your located, but we start shooting at Schultz's in April down in Muskego. First match is free for newcomers at Schultz's.

Tom

I'm from Montfort, WI and work in Middleton. There really aren't any ranges out in SW WI and that was the closest one I found with a comptition. I plan to be there next month on 3/17 to shoot again. I've been reading up on the rules and I hope to really do better. I'm still going to be shooting my bone stock G26, but knowing things like keeping away from NS's and misses should help. My goal is really to slow down and shoot Double Alpha on everything as quickly as I can without hitting a NS.