Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P30 Review and Test

Darrell

I just purchased a P30 that has Bruce Gray's action job, and Heinie straight 8 sight. I love this gun it is an awesome piece of machinery. I included some load and accuracy data from my shoot today. I didn't have inserts for my ransom rest so I benched it. Wasn't happy with my 25 yd groups so I shot it again at 15. My eyes just aren't what they used to be.

HK P30.pdf

• 5 months later...

Hey Darrell,

I just purchased a P30 myself and love it. I've been a Sig guy for a long time and am now on the fence of becoming a big H&K fan. Curious, what type of holster are you using? I'm in the market for one.

• 1 month later...

Hey Darrell,

I just purchased a P30 myself and love it. I've been a Sig guy for a long time and am now on the fence of becoming a big H&K fan. Curious, what type of holster are you using? I'm in the market for one.

Safariland holster is what I'm using.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Curious what variant triggers are people using/liking on the p30?

I currently have a full size USP in 40 with the DA/SA safety/decocker currently getting Bruce Gray trigger job and a p2000sk in DA/SA with decocker also in 40.

Really looking hard at also getting a p30 long slide in LEM or light LEM in 40 (if I can find one) for production class or limited.

As far as variants I think LEM is the way to go. I have a 9mm P30L LEM that has the Greyguns Competition Short Reset package and I love it. The P30L LEM can be a little hard to find but I just picked up a second one last night as a backup gun. As a side note, shooting groups this is proving to be the most accurate 9mm I own.

As far as variants I think LEM is the way to go. I have a 9mm P30L LEM that has the Greyguns Competition Short Reset package and I love it. The P30L LEM can be a little hard to find but I just picked up a second one last night as a backup gun. As a side note, shooting groups this is proving to be the most accurate 9mm I own.

Or you can just do a regular P30 and drop a LEM kit in it ...

I had shot a P30LS ver 1 in production but was kinda hard to get use to because of the long trigger pull

Or you can just do a regular P30 and drop a LEM kit in it ...

I had shot a P30LS ver 1 in production but was kinda hard to get use to because of the long trigger pull

Bear in mind that converting a non LEM variant to a LEM variant in the P30 platform is not endorsed by HK. The frames are different as well.