Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meopta1-4x K Dot vs. Vortex 1-4x Viper

Kasteel

Has anyone out there had a chance to compare the Meopta and the Vortex? Reticle styles are mostly personal preference, so I'm mostly interested in features that bear on optical quality and especially durability.

I own, and like, the K-Dot, but the Vortex VIP warranty is absolutely fantastic. In addition, a new Vortex runs about a hundred bucks less than a used K-Dot.

So, let's hear it.

I bought a used Meopta KDot, used it for a couple matches, and the focus ring came apart on the inside. I called Meopta, told them I needed a scope for a match in about a month, shipped them the old scope, and had a new one in two weeks. Purdy good warranty and CS.

Has anyone out there had a chance to compare the Meopta and the Vortex? Reticle styles are mostly personal preference, so I'm mostly interested in features that bear on optical quality and especially durability.

I own, and like, the K-Dot, but the Vortex VIP warranty is absolutely fantastic. In addition, a new Vortex runs about a hundred bucks less than a used K-Dot.

So, let's hear it.

The illumination on the Vortex is not daylight visible and it is on the Meopta so I would take the Meopta.

Pat

I do love the illumination on my K-Dot--it's bright enough to use at noon here on the high mountain desert. But given the relatively fine nature of the reticle, you need the illumination more on the K-Dot than on the Vortex, which has a bit more to it to contrast with background.

I'll have to grab my buddy's Vortex and try it side by side next time I get a chance.

I did a lot of testing on the Meopta and the Razor when I was deciding if I wanted to go with the Vortex. The Razor a Clear choice, even with the daylight issue. I have not used the Viper though.

I don't know if the Viper has better glass than the Meopta.

someone could give you a link to the thread or do a search for it Meopta to Razor

The Razor reticle tested for speed on 12 yard string of IPSC targets Had the Razor -dim red- faster than the Meopta bright red. The drill looked like the Meopta was faster, But the timer showed that the Vortex was faster on left to right and right to left , and skipping targets. The see through reticle provides a target bracket. I did this test with another disinterested shooter way before Vortex offered sponsorship.

I had the Razor for testing with my ... <_< older eyes. the offer was to try it out before I bought it. For most 3 gun targets a c-more would work , But for targets that make 3 gun interesting the better glass in nice.

If I did not have good glass to use on my guns, I would just as soon stay home and not travel to large events.

Get the very best glass than you can afford