Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stag Arma 3 Gun Compensator

Puma

After reading several reviews of the Stag Arms 3 Gun compensator stating that it pushes the barrel of the gun downward I am pessimistic of this compensator that comes with the Stag Arms 3 Gun Ar-15. I was told by Stag Arms customer service that the compensator was recently modified and the problem has been corrected but has anyone out there purchased the new & improved version and what is your evaluation. I will be receiving the rifle Tuesday and I am almost ready to change the compensator even before I shoot the rifle because of the negative reviews.......LOL !

Any an all information and opinions are appreciated.

i would have been happy with barrel dip. didn't happen. got muzzle flip. switched to a titan.

it is amazingly accurate! what negative reviews?

Is your Stag Arms compensator new ( After modification ) ?

Go to Stag Arms web site and there you will find a video where the writer mentions a dip of the barrel. It is a writer for a major magazine. If you cannot find it there its on U-tube. There are also reviews in other forums that mention the dip of the barrel.And it is not very comforting to see Stag 3 Gun members on U-tube using compensators other that the Stag 3 Gun Comp !

I have tried several compensators. I presently have a Titan in my bag however I find it to be uncomfortably noisy. The BIG Talon is very good.

The new Spike compensator will surprise you ! It controls muzzle flip, felt recoil and noise.

All said and done the Stag Arms 3 Gun gun in the best thing out there for the money.

Is your Stag Arms compensator new ( After modification ) ?

Go to Stag Arms web site and there you will find a video where the writer mentions a dip of the barrel. It is a writer for a major magazine. If you cannot find it there its on U-tube. There are also reviews in other forums that mention the dip of the barrel.And it is not very comforting to see Stag 3 Gun members on U-tube using compensators other that the Stag 3 Gun Comp !

All said and done the Stag Arms 3 Gun gun in the best thing out there for the money.

The last sentence about summed it up for me.

If my rifle is representative, it is more accurate than it has a right to be at the price point.

The fact that Jesse and Kalani use different (and louder) muzzle breaks indicates that they found the Stag comp not as effective for competitive purposes. My understanding is that Stag was told but the company wanted one less blasty for the market.

That, to my mind, served to counter a reviewer's comment about "muzzle dip" (which I would have considered a mark of an effective comp and therefore not a negative). Anyway, I reserved judgement until I had it in my hands and shot it.

Found significant muzzle flip and switched to the Titan. I'm not too bothered by the noise. Guess I'm too focused on tracking my reticle on target. Nice to see trace and hits on steel and move on before the ping and the call.

• 1 month later...

i would have been happy with barrel dip. didn't happen. got muzzle flip. switched to a titan.

bushmeat, how tough is it to switch out the muzzle brakes? I am looking to switch to a Titan myself and don't know much about removing the 3G comp from mine? Do I need a gunsmith to do this?

It's not that I don't like the 3G comp. I'm relatively new to the AR world. But, I shot one with a Titan comp on it and now want to switch after comparing.

bushmeat, how tough is it to switch out the muzzle brakes? I am looking to switch to a Titan myself and don't know much about removing the 3G comp from mine? Do I need a gunsmith to do this?

It's not that I don't like the 3G comp. I'm relatively new to the AR world. But, I shot one with a Titan comp on it and now want to switch after comparing.

It is relatively easy to remove the muzzle brake from the Stag Arms 3 G. Simply apply heat with a heat gun to soften the effect of the loctite and then remove it with a wrench. Then to put it on reverse the process. Remember to clean the thread of the barrel bofore putting on loctite. And of course tune the muzzle brake to the rifle and your shooting style. The Titan is certainly a very good effective comp. But never the less it is very loud.

• 5 months later...

It is relatively easy to remove the muzzle brake from the Stag Arms 3 G. Simply apply heat with a heat gun to soften the effect of the loctite and then remove it with a wrench. Then to put it on reverse the process. Remember to clean the thread of the barrel bofore putting on loctite. And of course tune the muzzle brake to the rifle and your shooting style. The Titan is certainly a very good effective comp. But never the less it is very loud.

Puma, I just found this post and realized that I never thanked you for the reply. Very helpful. Thanks.

Mike 41, from the limited times that I have had the opportunity to see them in person and from looking at videos they do not use the Stagg Super Comp. I saw a Titan and another that I did not identify. I have given my opinion before about the Stag Arms compensator - it is not very good. It serves as a paper weight much better. On the other hand, the rifle is excellent. The rifle is the best value for your money. If I had to do over again I would still buy the Stagg Arms 3 G rifle. I would automatically replace the Stagg Arms Super Comp as soon as I took the rifle out of the box. I have found several better muzzle brakes with my favorite being the small and light Pri-Quiet.

Doesn’t anyone use benny hills brake anymore? I have it on a .308 and it is amazing. It is loud but not to the shooter. :surprise:

I was an RO at RM3G this year and saw many of Benny's muzzle breaks. I shot a friends 308 with a Rolling Thunder and was impressed. I shoot a JP and can't imagine it gets much better than that. It stays very flat and I get a lot of comments from people that my muzzle does not move while shooting.

There is tons of info on the forum here. Most test results I have seen showed there is almost no difference in performance of the top 10 muzzle brakes on the market. Pick one, get used to the recoil impulse of your setup and practice, practice, practice.