Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could someone help me with sight measurements

waktasz

I have a friend with a new M&P 45. It shoots low. Like really low. About 4-5 inches low at 15 yards.

I am wondering if it has the wrong height sights on it from the factory.

Could someone measure the height of the front and rear sights for me (from the top of the slide to top of sight) ?

Thanks!

I have a M&P 45 w/4.5" barrel and standard 3 dot sights. The front sight is 0.165 and the rear is 0.248 (aprox). It is hard to get a good measurement on the rear.

What weight of bullets is he trying to use? I am using 230gr and it is close to POI. As a general rule heavier bullets will print higher on the target then lighter ones.

my 2 cents is that was a very smart move. even with trigger work and replacing factory with more fixed sights, then buying more front sights i still could not make it hit were i wanted.

most people would be happy of were it hits but, i like it right on top of the front sight blade, no gap. i hate covering the point of impact with the front sight, cause to me i am guessing were it should be on a head or 20 yard plate.

Good to hear. For him this is a range and home gun, but he really doesn't have confidence in his aim with it hitting this low. He can shoot my Glocks pretty well and I could shoot a nice tight group with is gun, just low on the target.