Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loki vs 3G Stag

1911vm

Ok I guess we need to start a new thread. Loki vs 3G Stag . the price point is almost identical. The big differences .

Carbon vs alum hand guard.

Barrels.

And trigger.

Pros and cons for each would be great. so lets do it :sight:

Good idea! There was one similar to this last year that helped me decide between the Stag 3G and DPMS 3G1.

I hope this thread has the same impact on others with better information to make a decision that they won't regret.

Now, that's out of the way...

I have never shot a Loki but I have heard good things about them. I have handled their carbon fiber handguard and much to my dismay, I did not like it. It felt too "thin" (not sure if I'm describing that correctly) and the texture just wasn't there for me. I ended up changing my mind and not buying one. I do like the Samson that came with the Stag A LOT. I was surprised since by looking at it, I just imagined, "that's the first thing that's getting changed out". After I got it, I was surprised how much I like and I plan on keeping it.

I do like the fact that Loki has a way to customize the build with a relatively short turn-around time (or so I'm told). If anyone has purchased one, please let us know how that process went overall.

The one intangible that is not on paper is the excellent support that is given freely by the Team Stag members! I have been personally contacted on multiple occasions with answers to my questions and with invites to sample out the their rifle setups. They are genuine and honest, be it good or bad, and I can really respect that. I don't know how customer service and support is with Loki but I can't imagine it to any better than Stag.

Well, I've said enough for now, what is everyone else saying...

Stag 3 gun team members are # 1. They are diplomats for Stag products. However, Staqg Arms customer service employees leave a lot to be desired. They do not have a customer friendly & eager to help attitude. Hopefully the rifle is worth putting up with them.My Stag 3 gun arrives Tuesday. I think that it is the best AR for the $ out there. The only question is regarding the muzzle brake. All the videos on U-tube show Stag 3 G team members using other muzzle brakes. And reviews state that the Stag brake causes the barrel to dip. Hopefully they have made modifications to correct this. Go ahead and take the plunge and buy the Stag 3 G. Good luck.

Stag 3 gun team members are # 1. They are diplomats for Stag products. However, Staqg Arms customer service employees leave a lot to be desired. They do not have a customer friendly & eager to help attitude. Hopefully the rifle is worth putting up with them.My Stag 3 gun arrives Tuesday. I think that it is the best AR for the $ out there. The only question is regarding the muzzle brake. All the videos on U-tube show Stag 3 G team members using other muzzle brakes. And reviews state that the Stag brake causes the barrel to dip. Hopefully they have made modifications to correct this. Go ahead and take the plunge and buy the Stag 3 G. Good luck.

I am curious why they did not just go with the Titan muzzle brake. I know it would add a bit to the total cost but not much on a per unit basis for a large company.

pat

Great thread. I shoot LOKI rifles exclusivey and have used several of their products. I own both billet and forged varieties of their rifles in 16" to 20" barrel lenghts. They build me exactly what I want and have been super to deal with. Fast shipping, quality products, great customer support and can get me anything I need. Heck, they even built me a sweet 9mm 2011 for 3-Gun competitions :cheers:

I think I've said this before elsewhere in the enosverse and I better clarify that I have very little time behind a Stag rifle compared to LOKI rifles. I know Kalani and Jesse both have LOKI rifles and will both tell you that it's tough to compare which is better... If I got free Stag rifles I suppose I'd have to lean that direction :roflol:

When I went on my search for the perfect 3-Gun rifle, I wanted a few things that nobody offered in an off the shelf rifle at a reasonable price. JP was basically my choice but at $3000 I had to shop around. I wanted a billet upper/lower set, carbon fiber handguard, Surefire muzzle brake, PRS stock, lightweight 18" or 20" barrel and LOKI was able to get me what I wanted for almost $1000 less.

I worked with LOKI to get me the rifle I wanted and then we discussed the ultimate forged 3-Gun rifle and what it would look like... And guess what? They built it! IMO the LOKI rifle and it's options are by far the best out there for the price. It's a bit more than a Stag 3G rifle if you add a S3G trigger to the LOKI but the carbon handguard, better Nordic brake and a lighter barrel make it worth the extra expense IMO. I don't use the S3G trigger either so that didn't matter to me. I like the SSA a little better but prefer a JP trigger. And for those that prefer an aluminum handguard, for a little extra $$ you can get the 15" VTAC handguard!

Ask Jeff Cramblit, Jamie Foote, Chris Anderson, Pat Kelley or Mike Cyrus how they like their LOKI rifles if you ever see them. I'm sure they'll be happy to share their experiences as well.

I like the personalization you get when you order a semi custom rifle from LOKI. Won't get that just anywhere.