Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Act of Valor

Nemo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemo,

You know how picky we (us shooters) can be with proper weapon use/applications. Are you saying its good to go? I know I'm anal about proper military stuff in movies. Thanks.

Check out the website, go to videos and check out the making of, real bullets, and real seals

http://www.actofvalor.com/official/

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't like this movie it's you, not the movie. My wife decided to treat me to dinner and a movie and this is the one she picked. I thought "YAY EXPLOSIONS!" but figured it'd have no plot and she'd end up hating it so I almost talked her out of it. Glad I didn't. The acting is a little sub par but the "actors" are active duty S.E.A.L.s for crying out loud. They won't get any Oscars out of it but they got the job done. ;) People were applauding at the end of my viewing as well and people were trying to avoid eye contact with each other in order to try and avoid bursting into tears.

The following scene and the 5 minutes leading up to it (while not even close to being the best part of the movie) made the movie worth the price of admission. :D

Go see it. Don't wait for DVD I don't care HOW BIG your TV is. ;)

I went last night and took my son...explained to him this is what real operators do not the jazzed up movie nonsense....

The entire movie was incredibly well done--and even the acting was decent....had they done this with actors it would have sucked

Also...they did the Slick Boat scene with LIVE FIRE M-134 miniguns and M60s....spectacular