crawdad

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Skeeter44 said:

So is it consensus that the PACT Club timer 3 is probably one of the best ones available atm??? Trying to decide between that and the CED 7000

I believe the Pact has a lifetime warranty, but I think that may be the only way it beats any of the others.  I haven’t used ours in many years, it seems we always grab one of the others instead, but I don’t remember why we never use it anymore. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

I believe the Pact has a lifetime warranty, but I think that may be the only way it beats any of the others.  I haven’t used ours in many years, it seems we always grab one of the others instead, but I don’t remember why we never use it anymore. 

No echo cancellation seems to be its biggest flaw... Ill keep looking i suppose

• 1 month later...

Wondering why no mention of Shotmaxx 2 by Double Alpha in later posts. I had the Sm 1 and its still working for 3 yrs now and counting anf Ive given to my shooter-son, only the rubber strap broke but cannot be replaced so I improvised a strap from other wristwatches. 
Im on Sm 2 now w/ no questions asked 3 yrs warranty. The things I like are the features that are very usefull to live and dry fire trainings like the Par times, splits, 3 and 5min. countdown timers for dfire, stopwatch to time movers in matches, records 10 Lfire strings for review later, buzzer vol adjustability for live fire while double plugged and late night df in the house, good battery, backlight, and a lot lot more, all in my wrist. Very handy, wearable in all shooting occasions and doesnt get in the way. Ive had belt clipped timers but most of the time they got dislodged when Im shooting in awkward positions and lots of running. If not dislodged the buttons are inadvertently pushed by my body part activating another start beep in the middle of a string/run, etc. Very annoying and inconvenient. AMG is not available to me so I cant compare it. Even then waiting for several weeks/mos. upon purchase is not for me. Maybe they are ok for ROing other shooters but the SM is also good if not better for its handiness sans a bluetooth connectivity. 

Edited by BoyGlock

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, BoyGlock said:

Wondering why no mention of Shotmaxx 2 by Double Alpha in later posts. I had the Sm 1 and its still working for 3 yrs now and counting anf Ive given to my shooter-son, only the rubber strap broke but cannot be replaced so I improvised a strap from other wristwatches. 
Im on Sm 2 now w/ no questions asked 3 yrs warranty. The things I like are the features that are very usefull to live and dry fire trainings like the Par times, splits, 3 and 5min. countdown timers for dfire, stopwatch to time movers in matches, records 10 Lfire strings for review later, buzzer vol adjustability for live fire while double plugged and late night df in the house, good battery, backlight, and a lot lot more, all in my wrist. Very handy, wearable in all shooting occasions and doesnt get in the way. Ive had belt clipped timers but most of the time they got dislodged when Im shooting in awkward positions and lots of running. If not dislodged the buttons are inadvertently pushed by my body part activating another start beep in the middle of a string/run, etc. Very annoying and inconvenient. AMG is not available to me so I cant compare it. Even then waiting for several weeks/mos. upon purchase is not for me. Maybe they are ok for ROing other shooters but the SM is also good if not better for its handiness sans a bluetooth connectivity. 

Think im gonna retract most of the positives about the shotmaxx2. After some time of daily use I can say its very unreliable. The features are great but at times they cannot be used properly due to malfunctioning button or not recording the times in case of live fire. Or both. Its quite a dissappointment considering the fine features it has that I like very much. They warranty the units but the replacement suffer the same fate. At least in my case.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the AMG commander for dry fire as it can pick up dry fire or racking the slide, etc.  This allows you to time your draw to the first trigger pull or picking up the gun, inserting mag and racking slide (unloaded start) as well as other exercises.

Also the beep on the lowest setting does not bother others in the house.

And at the range the sensitivity can be turned down so other shooters shots are rarely recorded.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a non-Bluetooth PP2 last year and the screen gave out recently.  I friend gifted me a CED7000 right as I bought the Bluetooth version of the PP2 and just last month I got to see a Commander up close. Overall, I think the PP2 was more user-friendly than the CED7000 so  I like the PP2.  I think in the future I'll save up for a Commander cuz you can never have enough timers!

• 3 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, Tunachaser said:

I like the AMG commander for dry fire as it can pick up dry fire or racking the slide, etc.  This allows you to time your draw to the first trigger pull or picking up the gun, inserting mag and racking slide (unloaded start) as well as other exercises.

Also the beep on the lowest setting does not bother others in the house.

And at the range the sensitivity can be turned down so other shooters shots are rarely recorded.

Realize above is from 11/2022 but after talking to GM & B owners of the AMG & their experiences w/ their AMG's @ both Nats & at SC ordered my AMG this past Feb. to supplement my Pact Pro II for both USPSA & SC.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, clw42 said:

Any thoughts on the Kestrel timer KST1000?  Seems it's been out a while, but I've only just started seeing them.  It's a bit pricey at $299

It depends what you need from your timer. And it is one of the larger timers around.

image.png.247c728fcd7857fc4880f09e2b50dd22.png

@euxx TY for that pic, my current CE Pro Timer looks massive compared to the AMG. Must say when using a buds AMG for the 1st time last yr. in a match I didn't like the smaller size, especially the smaller display but learned to really like how the time is sent to our tablets so no mistake in getting the time recorded correctly. That coupled w/ their excellent reputation in picking up RF in SC pushed me over the edge in ordering an AMG this Feb.

Edited by OldRunner

6 hours ago, euxx said:

It depends what you need from your timer. And it is one of the larger timers around.

image.png.247c728fcd7857fc4880f09e2b50dd22.png

Thanks for that.  I ordered one and it's on the way.  I've also got an AMG on order with the new display.  I'll probably keep whichever one I like better.  I've got two PP's now, one original and one BT.  If I'm wearing my shooting prescriptions, I just can't see the smaller numbers on the screen.  I didn't have that problem with my original AMG.  Unfortunately that was "lost" at a large east coast match.

13 hours ago, OldRunner said:

@euxx TY for that pic, my current CE Pro Timer looks massive compared to the AMG.

Somehow Kestrel feels even more massive than CE...

13 hours ago, OldRunner said:

Must say when using a buds AMG for the 1st time last yr. in a match I didn't like the smaller size, especially the smaller display but learned to really like how the time is sent to our tablets so no mistake in getting the time recorded correctly. That coupled w/ their excellent reputation in picking up RF in SC pushed me over the edge in ordering an AMG this Feb.

Ironically, having a somewhat smaller display, the AMG still has the largest time (the same size as Kestrel)

PXL_20210714_132154146.jpg

attachment.php?id=151187&key=93f7897a847d4dfe0d1cfa03ab1c1248

attachment.php?id=159530&key=8277235b425ccb177daa0860c6b85968

Edited by euxx

@euxx thx for the new comparo shot & clearly I was mistaken on the display size of the AMG vs. the PP. Your 1st pic. shows yellow numerals in the AMG display & clw42 also mentions a new display w/ the AMG, can you provide any details?

17 hours ago, OldRunner said:

@euxx thx for the new comparo shot & clearly I was mistaken on the display size of the AMG vs. the PP. Your 1st pic. shows yellow numerals in the AMG display & clw42 also mentions a new display w/ the AMG, can you provide any details?

There are two AMG timer models. See https://www.amg-lab.com/collections/all

As far as I know, the battery life for OLED model is only slightly less comparing to LCD one. I've changed batteries in LCD after a year or moderate use, but I don't have specific numbers for the OLED one.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/13/2023 at 8:04 PM, DenC said:

Hello all,

Does anyone here own or used this timer? (Special Pie)
https://www.special314.com/details221/60.html

image.png.9553f2b99429b6b71a573d1e249c3359.png

Would appreciate any feedback as to experience, durability, issues, etc...
Thanks in advance.

Yep i have owned one for a couple of years now. They are reliable and have good features.  If you read some of the reviews on Amazon you will see the negative reviews are largely people that dont understand the instructions. I didnt have a problem, its a case of understanding the menu hierarchy. Why did i buy mine? price was the main driver, i later found out that it can do so much more than i need, and can be used with all calibers. A guy from my club said there were only used for airsoft, thats absolute rubbish. They have adjustment settings for the calibers i shoot and more. I have never used it with airsoft. and always used it at outdoor ranges. I love the large display, and the price. The price of other shot timers have seriously got way out of control. 

Here is a review:    

Edited by whitepointer

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply @whitepointer Also happy you have had yours for 2 years and its still working.  Here in the Philippines, ROs actually use these in matches in IPSC sanctioned matches. They do seem a good buy for the money. Am saving up to get one and waiting for them to go on sale. More established timer brands usually go for twice as much. Though I would like to get an AMG Commander, considering the shipping and tax cost,  I think the Special Pie would do just fine for the price.