Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ever shoot a round of Clays with your 3 gun SG?

Kyreb

When I feel I need to practice flyers, I go to a local trap/skeet/clays range with my 12-round Benelli M2 Tactical. The place has a 24" barrel length minimum, so fortunately I have a Briley barrel extension.

Good practice drill—report pairs with one in the gun and one on the Matchsaverz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of us shot some trap at south river gun club after last years club championship 3 gun match at Atlanta 3 gun. A couple of really good trap shooters let us shoot with them. I broke I think 22 with my be Benelli and a light mod choke. They asked us if we wanted to shoot 27 yards with them. I took it as a token of respect for how we handled ourselves while enjoying their sport. I think i only broke 10 or 12 with my 21" gun and light mod choke but it sure was fun trying.

Three of us hit the 5 stand for 2 rounds before the Nordic Match. We wore our Carbon Arms chest rigs and practiced load 1 and load 2 drills while shooting 5 stand. The puller enjoyed it, as did we.

• 5 months later...

Ive not known too many shooters to be conventional haha. Ive shot a round of sporting clays with my mossberg 930 JM and had a blast as well as learned a lot. I say go with your game gun and enjoy all of the questions and interest that will come your way, might even get a few more guys or gals to join our sport.

• 2 months later...

I was big in to trap before getting into three gun and at the time I was working on my Saiga build. I took a half gray and metallic red gun out to the line I got many funny looks but ATA Trap has no rules about optics. I just had to shoot it single shot. After we got done i had a few people asking what it was. I got a few 10 rd mags and let people try it. I brought it out many more times before moving away from that club and always had fun. Since moving to Ohio I have taken it and a pink zombie versa max out to sporting clays. I think they are often conversation starters when on the range. Most of the time all you see are very nice wood stocks on over under or maybe a side by side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A rubber band works well as a shell catcher.

I have a trap club nearby and would like to know how to set this up but I can't visualize it.

I just slip a fat rubber band over the ejection port. Or better yet just try to stay to the right side of people. The idea is not to hit Gramps in the head with a shell casing.

Also with Trap I rotate the gun away from the microphone so that charging the bolt doesn't throw a bird.

Edited by Frankly

• 2 years later...

I shot 2 rounds of 5 stand a few weeks ago with my 24" 1301 with +6 tube, wallered out port, and stage saver. I did pretty well except on the rabbits, and the 2 other dudes there wanted to look at my gun. Sure was fun, though it would have been more fun to be able to put in more than 2 shells in at a time. I also have a rotating electric skeet thrower on my porch that throws out over my pasture. Nothing like loading in 11 rounds and having the wife keep em coming!