Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

COF for a Competition Pistol class

TimAustinTX

I'm helping to teach the IDPA portion of a Competition Pistol class coming up and I wanted to see if anyone had a good COF that would highlight the differences between IDPA and USPSA.

I would like something not to prop heavy and long if possible but I would like to get the main points across.

Thanks,

Tim

I think you could do that with just the written stage briefing. USPSA: freestyle, shoot 'em as you see 'em within fault lines; IDPA engage targets in tactical order, mag change with retention, etc.

We are going to have 2 bays one with the USPSA stage and the other with the IDPA stage so I'm not worried about making a stage that will work with both sports.

• 4 weeks later...

For the IDPA course of fire, maybe you could have them shoot part of the Classifier. It's listed in the Rule Book at idpa.com. It requires three targets and unless you shoot the whole thing (90 rounds) then you shouldn't need the barricade or the barrel (which are needed only at the longer distances-15 & 20 yards). Unfortunately, the targets are to be placed at different heights, I don't know how that will work at your range, but you could ignore that or construct target stands from pvc plastic pipe- plans are on the internet.

Good luck.

It would be easy to use the exact same setup. One you shoot and reload however you want within fault lines if you have them. The 2nd way shoot from cover using concealment in tac prority and run to slide lock or pocket mags. You could score them both ways too.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be easy to use the exact same setup. One you shoot and reload however you want within fault lines if you have them. The 2nd way shoot from cover using concealment in tac prority and run to slide lock or pocket mags. You could score them both ways too.

I think we may try that. I would also have to change out targets but it may work. I'm help with a local USPSA Open GM so I will have to get with him and see if he is cool with it. I suspect he may want stage that has a higher round count and more distance.