Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did my parents hurt my ability to let loose?

Patrick Scott

It's your parents fault. ;)

It looks like you have your priorities straight with safety at the top. It sounds like you're aware of the probablity of a mistake that would compromise safety and dial it back just a little. I don't think anyone should get beat up over this, your parents or yourself.

Regardless of whether it's a mental block it sounds like you're working on the right things and not going out of control. That will translate in better matches.

I still have a little voice in my head telling me to be careful. It's mostly because I don't want to get sent home early from a DQ earned by being unsafe.

It's been a couple months since your first point. How are things going? Do you still feel it's affecting your speed?

DNH

Thanks for bringing this back up. Things are better for sure. For one my practice draws were in the 1.5 range and now I have managed some sub-second draws. Not GM by any means, but it feels like a big improvement for me. I have been doing some drills to boost my confidence running and gunning. I know now how to move fast with a gun safely, but just lack of time doing it has me a little timid on tight courses. I knew for sure I was getting faster when at the last match ROs were complIning(in good fun) about who was going to have to keep up with me on the bigger courses. That made me feel pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been shooting with GMPS for almost a year now, great bunch for sure.

The Feb. match went very well with respect to this topic, getting better for sure. Managed my second Production stage win.

Thanks everyone!

+1 to the GMPS guys being a good bunch. I used to live in Malone, NY and my old man and I put on matches with the NCPPL guys in chateugay (or however you spell it). We'd go over to VT and shoot with the GMPS guys as much as we could. Good job on the stage wins! Confidence will come quickly and soon it'll be you telling "noobies" how to relax!